Albany Auto Show 2009 - 4/4/2009

This is a pretty small show but here are some pics anyways. Thought I’d share.

Cayman

TT-S

Beemers

370Z

“Yo, are these forged or what?!”

R35 GT-R

Challenger

G8 GXP

Some Monster Cab (GMC)

Your kid is mad cute (no homo).

I rofled :rofl

Thanks… Trying to teach her to appreciate real wheels. If she can tell the difference between forged and cast wheels by age 2 I will have done my job (although I cannot tell and will buy Rotas 4 LYYyyFe). Hehe.

:rofl

Your one of akind archie. I think this year is the first in many that theres actuall something to look at there. instead of walking around… buying 9 dollar drinks. and leaving.

I went to this today too. Small, but it was good! Had a great time. The GTR is sooo damn sexy in person. There was some really nice stuff there!
How about you could sit in a 100k bmw, 80 - 90k porches, but couldn’t sit in the camero, most of the ford stuff, and challenger (or whatever the hell it was)? GHHHEYYY.

i guess im the only one that thought it was horrible… then again im used to going to the international auto show at the jacob javits center in nyc… no comparison

Sure there are bigger shows out there. But ahhh anytime I get to sit in cars I’ll probably never own it’s always fun.

Big plus of this show is that it’s not well-attended so you don’t have to fight every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to see the cars. No need to sit in #@$%@#$ traffic on the Henry Hudson either.

Whenever i went to the show in NYC i never dealt with traffic… i was living in NJ and the city was 20 min away… id hop on NJ transit train, show my badge and ride for free to and from the city

Hell yeah bro, i took my wife to this Albany show and it was ok i guess. I have train tickets to head down to penn station on next Saturday for the Javits center. should be a ball like every other year.

Reason why i havent gone to it since i used to get in for free when i was 10 ( Friends dad was a manager @ orange mazda.)

ftmfl!

great pics archie! i’m glad you’re teaching your daughter to appreciate the nissan ray’s engineering forged aluminum wheels :smiley:

im going to the NYIAS on friday, ill be taking 204592873450987234 pictures, i’m sure

I said hi to you when you were by the Porsche section when I was working. You ignored me. No tennis for you! :slight_smile: J/k…that old guy kept asking me mad stupid questions about everything. I wanted to end him. I tried to say hi to you but you were way busy w/ photoshoot:)

PS - about sitting in the cars - in past years we’ve kept the Porsche’s locked (we have a HUGE dent in our Cayenne S this year to proove why) but there were so many complaints from people over the past 4 years that they demanded we leave the cars unlocked. Nice to see people enjoying the cars, sucks they couldnt’ respect them and had to damage our 75k SUV. I was very surprised about all the locked domestics. And the Taurus on the podium made me ROFL!

Yeah she is. I’m showing Lani!

My bad man, I didn’t really notice anyone trying to get my attention… You could have started up the 911 or something and revved it a couple times, I would have stopped what I was doing then…

Yeah I notice the Porsches were all open this year. Good move!

I was standing by the 911 and overheard two dudes talking about it…

One guy was saying it was just “a $50,000 (WTF?@#) Bug with cheap interior and dicey handling”.

His buddy then nodded and said “yeah, can you believe how small those seats are, even I am uncomfortable”. Granted, this guy was like 110 lbs so I dunno what he’s talking about. Maybe he sat in the kids seat in the back!? Haha

When you are in a 300R turn at like 85 mph, do you really want to be clinging to the wheel for dear life so as not end up face down a$$ up with your crack in the passenger’s face?! Or have the seat do the work instead!?

In any case, it’s rough hearing about people talking about complete dog doo… You wanna butt in but it’s a waste of time.

cute bebe

Uh oh.

Hide your kid Archie. :eek

I respected that Cayenne all the way down Washington Ave.
I think I’m in love. Dents and all.