Alberta Cash & Cars Lottery Grand Prize Winner

If you won a lottery that offered you million-dollar supercar or a large cash prize, which would you take? Okay, well you might be a little biased if you’re reading Autoblog. So let’s make this a little more challenging: what if you lived in a town with no paved roads like Norman Wells (population: 761), some 690 kilometers northwest of Yellowknife in Canada’s Northwest Territories, where Louie Edgi lives with his family.

Edgi bought ten tickets for the Alberta Cash and Cars Lottery, which was giving away a Koenigsegg CCX and supports local cancer research funds, on a trip down from his northerly home-town to Edmonton, Alberta, (still considered ridiculously close to the North Pole for the rest of the world, including this Canadian-born writer) to undergo cancer treatment. Since getting the car home would have required a long trip up a winter ice road – a prospect that apparently hasn’t caught on in the Northwest Territories as it has in Koenigsegg’s home country of Sweden – Edgi opted for the cash instead, and is reportedly feeling a lot better about his treatment now.

That is awesome! Couldn’t have gone to a more deserving person I think.

agreed! good for him!

and i would do the same…I could do alot more with a million dollars than i could with a car.

So true, i’d love to atleast go for a quick drive in the car first. but oh, well, money is money.

X2
now paying for the cancer treatment that benifits dont cover (assuming he has any). Would help out alot for him. and if he has no benifits, that’s even better for him!

I doubt I would keep it either. I’d feel pretty stupid owning a car worth twice as much as my house. And what would the insurance be like?

Fuck it I’d take the cash, pay off my house, buy a 430 or Z06 and sit on the rest.

i would have taken the cash and bought an 06’ STi

Anyone else see the irony in the ALBERTA cash and cars lottery going to a Northwest Territorian? In a little hick town (by the sounds of it) to boot?

Life works in mysterious ways.

If I won a million I would get an 06 STi as well! Dare to dream:lol: