Alberta Dyno/Province Meet July 26, 2008

Idk I came close. I was figuring 240ish so 236 isnt all that bad

I was not expecting 128whp since my stock 04 put down 156whp. That turbo spec v had 211whp when the turbonetics site states 280whp. I find it hard to believe it could be so far off.

I suppose… I would have liked it to have been higher I do find it kinda hard to believe that the transmission is robbing around 25% of the power. Ex. Doozer Stock 250hp crank 192 on dyno 24%. 250 crank dyno 198hp on Bernies maxima 21% Your car 128hp closer to 36% I was expecting more like in the 15%-18% range . Ive seen dynos on similar altimas with the same mods as mine and they are 250-260 although they are likely in cali or somewhere with a much lower elevation. I am really suprised by the numbers though I never expected to dyno 44whp higher than a stock Alti, Nor did I expect to dyno 32hp more than Colins SER. I think come payday I’m gonna go somewhere else and get it done so i can have a comparison

Did some quick surfing and found that most stock 04-06 altima’s are making anywhere from 190-211whp. Now elevation, temperature, auto vs manual, are all variables that aren’t accounted for. As well as people lying about their current mods or dyno sheets that actually belong to them. I’m kinda unsure of what to think about it. I found a dyno sheet of a 05 SER with a fujita intake and the phenolic spacers and it put down 205whp…

I’m pretty disappointed with my numbers, tho’ my torque curve was nice and flat. Woulda thot I’d get at least 210-215. The headers make a big difference I guess, and alot of the Alti guys pulling 240-250 whp have the headers and a tune. Not sure if I’ll just go for a reflash or get a SAFC or eManage and get it dyno tuned.

I don’t know Ryan, mine made exactly what I expected it to, I don’t think there was a problem with the dyno. It did warm up considerably after the first few cars though. But you also did say Meghans car feels quite a bit quicker. You may want to perform a compression test.

Hey now! Bernie only beat me by 2hp, not 6! Try and leave me SOME dignity. :wink: But it’s good to know that on nearly identical engines, the dyno read nearly identical numbers. What really surprised me was the torque difference between us. My torque was nearly 30 ft-lbs more than Bernie, out of the same engine. It’s gotta be his auto tranny vs my manual, but that’s still a huge difference.

Ken, I’ll be really interested to hear the results if you get another dyno done…

NOOOOO… I hate those words. Maybe time for a SQR23DET or VQ30DE Swap.

haha my bad i was told bernie ran 198 lol. What were your torque numbers?

VQ35DE FTW!!! Go for it ryan. You know you want it!!!

My torque was 209, which made me feel slightly better, and Bernie’s was somewhere around 180? Bernie, do you have the exact number? Anyway, it was just weird seeing such a big difference from the same engine, both with almost nothing done. I also have no idea why my torque would be so much higher than my hp, when the factory rates them nearly identical.

All dyno sheets from that day were SAE corrected to compensate for a Density Altitude of 0ft (sea level). Nissan is famous for dynoing thier engines with no accesorsies which gives a little higher number. My G35 with CAI and cat back exhaust put down 230whp on the Mustang Dyno at Lightspeed I think the differnce between the Mustang and the Dyno pack are about 10whp (due to no wheels). Like you said Ken people are famous for lying about mods dyno sheets ect ect. Some shops are also know to inflate dyno numbers through correction factors inorder to make thier customers happy with the big power numbers they make. I was also very impressed with your numbers Ken.
Gord

My numers were 193.97HP and 189.35 torque … auto tranny kicked my ass

I totally agree autos suck for putting down the power… That being said they are nice and consistant. I can do 5 runs at castrol all within 5/100 of a second every time