NECC Dyno Day! August 21st, 2004

Update!

Due to the heavy interest. The day has been booked with Apex Modified for Saturday August 21st, 2004 at 10:00am

Please vote and let us know who you are if you plan on coming.

Cost is $60

Up to 5 runs on the dyno

Full Wideband use

Printed and CD Graphs

Hotdogs and Pop

This just under a $200 value for ONLY $60. Take advantage of this now.

Around a 13 car maximum for the day.

Cruise and Meet after the Dyno day.

Anyone and everyone is welcome.

Don’t let us down people, lets make this one a big success.

Gooooooooooooo NECC!!!

I’d be down. Due to the recent rash of complaints on 780Tuners (and pending lawsuit, if I read correctly), against PE Tuning, I’d say go with Apex. Or there’s always Stew’s Dyno :slight_smile:

Day or night, doesn’t matter.

• Mike

I’ve already had mine dyno’d at Apex and they were awesome, the more the cars the lower the cost and 3 pulls on the car.

As the organizer for the Z Club’s Dyno Day the last two summers in a row I can personally vouch for Apex Modified. Travis, Adam and Chris are awesome. Their customer service is beyond excellent and their care and attention to detail with the cars that are brought in to their shop is unmatched as well. And these guys KNOW how to operate their equipment.

I’d have no problem recommending them to anyone.

P.S. “Stew’s Dyno” doesn’t exist anymore. I think he sold his equipment to someone else… don’t know what happened after that.

That surprises me… I figured they’d do quite well with the mobile dyno stationed at Bud Park all the time.

• Mike

Yeah, I’ve talked to Adam at Apex. And they seemed very friendly.

We can make this a club BBQ day, so not everyone is expected to dyno if they come. It will just be a nice meet and what not.

How does that sound? I’m very impressed with the information we received back. So a maximum of 13 dyno’ers, at $600 for them, equals approximately $50 per person plus GST. Thats not too shabby for 3-5 runs including wideband use. Very impressive.

Now all we need is 13 guys.

You don’t need to be some dyno queen or heavily modified. Throw any car on there and see what she’ll do, there are NO prizes, so it’s all fun and games.

I hope a lot more of you are interested.

Aaron

What happened to PE Tunings Dyno incident? I didn’t even hear what happened. Whats the deal, fill a brotha in.

The concept was good, but it was his execution where he failed. I’ve heard all kinds of stories of how unreliable his numbers were. I don’t know if it was software or hardware related… but “Mustang Dynos” are a different beast than Dynojets.

Regarding PE Tuning, I’ve never presonally stepped into their shop and have never met the staff so I can’t comment on THEM. However regarding the Dynopack dynometer, while not “wrong” their numbers are different. My personal belief is its best to stick with Dynojets, for comparison basis. If you’re trying to benchmark your car and its mods to other guys on car specific forums around North America, the Dynojet is your best chance at a fair apples to apples comparison.

Hey Aaron, depending when you set up your dyno day date will determine whether I’m in or not. I was kinda planning to dyno again sometime in September prior to the Sept. 19th SCC. But August is pretty much out for me.

Damn. Yeah. I was thinking around the middle of August sometime. That way we can make it our August Mid-month event/BBQ/dynoday. lol. We’ll see though.

What will probably happen, is that for those of you that are interested. I will need some money up front. This is to cover my ass in case some people say they are going to come, I incur a cost of $600 and then 2 people show up. If you know what I mean.

I think it’s a good idea, and Apex sounds like this isn’t their first picnic for day-long dyno events.

I can see getting money up front being an issue though. But let’s hope 13 people can prove me wrong :slight_smile:

Sign me up.

• Mike

The way I did our events is I wanted to have 9 or 10 people as a minimum, basing the minimum # of cars on what the minimum $$ per car people were willing to pay. While $40 is better, even $50-60 for 3 pulls (w/ wideband) is a super awesome deal. Dynojets in Calgary have been known to charge $125+ for 3 pulls.

Another thing to note: NA cars are a lot faster to do than turbo cars. You can turn around an NA car inside of 30 minutes. Turbo cars if only doing 3 pulls can be done in about 45 minutes (extra time to cool). If your mix of cars have a lot of NAs you may even be able to squeeze MORE than 13, but discuss that with Adam or Travis beforehand. With my last event, we were willing to accept a maximum of 15 cars, but starting at 8AM. In the end I think we had 11 or 12 total this year.

Last year I collected the full amount ahead of time, ~ $50, from everyone. But I also started collecting two months before the actual event, that way I had at least two monthly meetings to see people in person to collect money. This year I relaxed it a bit and dropped the minimum deposit to $25, but also ended up taking a few people on the honor system that they’d show up and pay the day of (easier to do when you’ve known club members longer).

You don’t have to pay Apex until the day of, but its nice to know that you have the money so participants aren’t stuck covering the remainder of the bill (ie. $500 + GST divided by 8, instead of say 12. D’oh!).

depending on the day that it is i may dyno my car jus for the hell of it… what my car is actually running at would be good to know

I’m in, I had my white car on a DynoJet, my gray car this year at Apex, and am ready to go again, just say the word.

I would be one I don’t know if my car will be done and two I will be in Florida.Would have loved to come though

Uh… for the noob… :oops: , anybody care to explain this concept to me?
Thanks! hehe
Jeff

To “dyno” ones car.

You place it on rolling wheels (much like you see on all of those crazy car vids). And you drive your car on it starting in one gear and accelerating full throttle to redline. The computer from the dyno can calculate Horsepower/Torque/Airfuel ratio and much more.

I hope that’s what you meant.

Yup! Thanks for the info… count me out, my car is too pathetic to do that :roll:
Jeff

I might be in for a drive up for that. For what it costs me here at Davenport $75/2runs (not including wideband) I can spend that on gas and go for the road trip. That is provided I get some things done on my car. I have tuned or added an AFC yet since my last dyno.

I am assuming that would be a weekend perhaps? If not throw out some dates through the week and I can book a day off (potentially).

…Dan

Yeah, that would be great if you could come up.

It will either be a Saturday or Sunday. Which day is to be decided by us. So we’ll see.

i would come but definatly not dyno. would it be ok if i saw some cars dyno adn shit like that. i just need dates to book off work