All Motor SOHC Honda ftw!

Bisi pulled a 9.522 @ 145 in the 1/4 against a 1200hp Cobalt built by GM. Its an all motor F22a (thats right, an Accord motor) in the Insight.

Bisi’s car is ugly as hell but much respect to the man for his accomplishments. Been watching his progress for years.

:wow thats fast especially all motor

That car is so tiny. A Honda Goldwing is probably heavier. Impressive

My car is more Honda than that thing.

You forgot to mention its the old school carb’d single cam.

You haters miss the point. He took an Accord motor, pulled 400+whp out of it NA, and runs with the likes of 1200hp car that are sponsored by big name companies (that Colbalt was built by GM). The guy is amazing at pulling every last pony out of his motors, and getting it to the ground effectivly. Yea, his car might be light as fuck, but you don’t think that colbalt was full street trim do you?

Haha, I did forget. Non-vtec as well.

Vtec just maintains driveability in a dual purpose economy/sport engine. In a race car its just extra valvetrain weight

Oh I kno. I was just clarifying since there are vtec F Series motors out there.

the car was built by gm, but the owner that bought the car needs to learn how to set it up and drive it. The car has ran 7.9 @180+ when GM team was using it.

gotch ya

Did not know that it wasn’t GM driving it then. Good to know. 7’s sounds better than 9s for a 1200hp car. But still, to get a single cam accord motor to make that much power and go that fast using parts he has engineered and fabricated is a feat.

I fail to see how this is even remotely true. Bisimoto deserves a lot of credit. I’m scared to see what he could do with a B-Series or a K.

Everyone knows what can be done with a B series and a K seires is the new popular swap. He did something great with a engine that gets little to no credit. I give him respect for thinking outside the box. Just goes to show you can still be a pioneer with older Honda technology.

Most cars at that ET are basically a shell or a fraction of a “Honda”, “Ford”, etc…

I understand. You’re talking like drag cars that just have the fiberglass shell of their sponsor company’s car.

Correct which is what most cars of that caliper are.

The Insight is a unibody, not a fiberglass shell.

In 2005, “Stitch” arrived with a goal of rewriting the Unibody record books, utilizing improved science, and rigorous analysis. This 2006 Honda Insight chassis provides the basis for exciting performance