Allowing the usage of flash in the forum

Just a thought but seeing as I’m kind of an efficency nerd…

Don’t suppose it could be enabled so we can post flash content. The main reason I state this is because certain sigs on here have images that exceed well over 100KB, (Highest being near the 780KB range) and while I do have broadband I’m sure quite a few others don’t even though they should turn sigs off they probably won’t.

But most of those 100+KB sigs could easily be a much smaller .swf file around the 50-100KB range when done properly. I’ve seen it used at a few other forums and it didn’t seem to cause any real slowdown issues on my old P3-550 even.

On top of that it would at the very least provide a slightly better way for the people paying advertising as again the animated one’s won’t take nearly as much space making it easier for dial-up users to download/see them too.

Thoughts, opinions, want a compairison, what is a KB, etc?

flash sucks donkey dick

how about learning to compress files, and to create GIFs correctly so they are small.

flash kicks ass… :tup: from me :slight_smile:

flash is sucks giant donkey cock

all you have to do is enable HTML in the forum (overall or specific forum) then if the flash file is hosted you can use the embed tag…it’s actually pretty handy for posting you-tube vids.

Correction new record is by Joe, at a whopping 1.2 MB. :open_mouth: