Almost bought one today!

So after a buddy of mine sent me this link with the ford commercials in it I wanted to go out and buy one! Watch the video of the mustang revving its engine to the national anthem! Someone in that department needs a raise. This is one of the best commercials I have ever seen.

i like the “if you build it” commercial…

the way that video done is just bad ass

:bigok: very nice cars my dad was going to buy one, could have had the first one shults had but Hes gonna want till they throw a sc on it.

ps. Test drive one (GT) and they our very solid performaning cars. Thats my own option so people dont be flaming.

from what I’m seeing… theres a 50/50 shot there will be a Cobra in 07… but if there is… definitely look for about 485hp

You gotta think tho, if roush and them also come out with one it will be sc. That and im sure the saleen will be more then a body kit (maybe).

saleen’s are more then just a body kit

I forgot to put the link in with that thread! here it is. http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/launch/
Sorry about that.

the current Saleen S281-SC is 400hp at about $50,000. the Standard S281 is 325hp at about $42,000.

the S281E will be 450hp at about $73,000.

The Cobra will be around 485-500hp, with a $40,000 price tag.

It will still be a 4.6L 5v engine, with the Eaton 2.3L Twin Screw

the cobra???didnt they drop SVT?

yes. FPG/SVE will be making it. I heard it won’t be called the cobra anymore. just simply Mustang SVE

Most of the SVT guys have been reassigned… but theyll be making the next performance Mustang, as a blue oval product. Just like the Mach 1 was.

No one is sure of the name though

FPG=Ford Performance Group
SVE=Special Vehicle Engineering

o

weak sauce

hehe, I have yet to meet a fast saleen. Most ive gone up against back when i had my 94 z28 were all just body kits it seemed. Oh and the nice big ass SALEEN vinyl everywhere :wink:

Theres a nice red Saleen, like an 02 or 03, out in Aspinwall parked across from the jiffy lube, I think they are either a cop or work for the borough of aspinwall… I see it everyday on the way to work.

most of the saleens you run into are just the body kit/suspension Saleens.

the Supercharged ones can run with an LS1, and the S281E is a mid 12, car, with an insane amount of handling. Superior to most cars, Z06, Ferrari, Porsche