Saleen S281 Mustang Coupe

I am thinking of buying a '06 or '07 Saleen Mustang Coupe. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this car? Have my eye on one on San Jose, CA and would pay the extra grand to have it trucked up here.

why not look at a 03-04 termi? better motor and better body!! Ford will always make Saleen Etd cars, they will never make another Cobra like those 2 years!

whats your price range?

not exactly in the same class but still mustang related, but the V6 stang for 2011 has 305hp and LSD

whats he asking? mileage etc.

The Roush Edition mustangs typically outperform the Saleens, Clarkson showed that.

If you need a hand. I’m 30 minutes from San Jose.

It is an Ebay car at Showroom Sales & Leasing in San Jose. There is 6220 miles on it, black on black, #384 built in 2006. The current bid is at $28K, with reserve not met. It would cost around a grand to truck it up to WNY. m thinking I would be willing to go $36-38K on this.

if your willing to part with that kind of cash go ahead pick it up, imo youd be paying way to much for what your getting just a blown 3v mustang with a body kit and rims but if you got your heart set on it do it why not.
for anyone else heres the car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Saleen-S281-2007-Ford-Mustang-Saleen-S281-6200-Miles-Black-Black_W0QQitemZ320458231233QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item4a9ccc8dc1

Performance wise, you can get much more bang for your buck. I would rather pick up a grabber blue 2010 and throw a vortech on it, or get a 03-04 cobra, or a built 94-98. I prefer those body styles, but if you like the saleens do it. It is a lot of dough though for a car that doesn’t even trap 110 in the 1/4 and has a bit of a cheesy over the top look to it.

yeah saleen crap isnt cheap. I would build my own. for about half that you can have a very nice terminator and plenty of money for mods. if you want a newer s197 body, they can be found under 20 and respond very well to boost. make sure your weighing all your options

Your about 8 thousand dollars away from a brand new gt500, that is depeneding on the options you get we got a nice black and blue one at Basil Ford.

wasn’t that roush vs cobra?

I think you’re nuts… get an new V8 when they come out and mod it later on if you’re willing to spend this kind of money.

he just wanted to know about the car that HE wants, not what others want.

If i wanted a brand new saleen mustang, then thats what i would get. Perhaps a 1200hp sn95 isnt his thing, and would rather have a decent quality ride, and still be able to get there quickly, and have some “historical” value to the car, or whatever.

id like to see what the new power plant does next year when the new 5.0 and 6spd supposedly comes out.

but the best entertainment on nyspeed always starts with a bad idea.

lol sure, pay 10K or more over sticker on a Mustang GT with a body kit and a CAI :lol: Saleens are the biggest ripoff ever IMO

I’m not saying a Saleen isn’t a ripoff…but there is a bit more different from a GT than aero and CAI. There isn’t a factory stang out there that will touch a Saleen in the handling department.

If i wanted to buy a car for handling, i wouldn’t buy a Mustang.