V > Saleen Mustang

I was sitting at a light and I saw a goldish brown 99-04 body type Saleen Mustang Convertible pull up behind me with two young teens driving it (maybe daddy’s car?). The passenger then points to the V logo on my trunk and the driver throws a rev or two at me. I throw one back and the kid puts it in reverse and pulls up next to me. The passenger starts talking stupid and I just say I’m turning at the next light but I’ll give it some gas when it turns green. The passenger says we are turning right there as well, implying they are going to get there first. Then he starts listing mods (none of which are a blower) and asked me what I have done and I reply with “my car is stock” (K&N drop-in doesn’t count). The passenger snickers and I wait for the green, he spins and I leave gently (wheel hop sucks) and then get on it and walk right by him and make my turn. I still need to learn how to shift but I’m starting to get the hang of it.

Cliff notes: Teens in a stang talk trash and lose pretty bad

nice kill :tup:

if its the ugly puke gold one im thinkin of its a 6cyl fake saleen, but either way good kill puttin punks in thier place :tup:

It’s in MI so I doubt you know this one. This was a V8 as well.

good kill. :tup:

didn’t even realize you weren’t in WNY

was it a REAL saleen?

REAL?
How could I tell if it was real?
It was lowered, rims, body kit, exhaust, Saleen banner on the windshield, etc. I didn’t pop the hood or ask to see his receipt from Saleen if thats what your asking.

Alot of those saleens are all show and no go. People get a body kit and think it’s a saleen all of the sudden.

A real saleen will have a number badge like s281, s351. Of course you can also probably just get the badge, it adds like 30hp i think :wink:

^^^ X2!

I beat a silver mustang with a body kit on it, lowered, ect. I thought he wasnt trying but, after some conversation on here…it was official…he was probably trying.

I still love the sound of that bigger Eaton screaming

it was probably just a GT with the saleen shit on it

isn’t a saleen just a gt with body work anyway?

i didnt know there were any real go-fast differences between the saleen stangs and the gt’s…

regardless though, good kill…mainly because of the attitude of the kids in the car…silly mustang mentality

lol, i think ken should rock around with this mentality and then proceed to pwn everyone on the streets

After some research:
The S281-SC is a “quick” vehicle with six pounds of boost yield 365 horsepower at 6000 rpm.
So who knows it could have been the real deal. He spun the launch and shifted into second at like 25 or 30.

In my book:
Overweight Stang convertible with 365 Hp is close to an overweight Caddy with 400 Hp. Either way it was fun to take the kid down a level or two.

STS-V or CTS-V?, either way both are da hottness.

2004 CTS-V (LS6)

lol, x2

i think it was a fake cuz if he red lined it in first thats pretty bad. i mean idk how different the gearin from the saleen to the cobras are but i would think it would have a longer first gear.

god those are such hot cars

It dont matter if its fake or real…all 96-04 saleens start out as GT’s…as in 2v SOHC some are n/a and some are supercharged…some body, interior, susp. etc upgrades…and thats about it… There is no comparison between a cobra trans and stock gt trans. completely different animals.

glad you took them down, but saleens & roush’s are just a bunch of ricer shit on a kinda modded engine. i honestly don’t pay attention to newer stangs unless if they’re terminator cobras or brand new gt500s. the rest are just slow.

great kill, morally speaking :slight_smile: