Orange Saleen Goes Down Hard

…to my buddy’s STI. I was riding gun.

So we’re driving along and he notices Mustang headlights coming up…well, this orange 99-04 Saleen flies by us at WOT.

As luck would have it, we get the next light. It’s two dudes about my age in the Saleen. You could see their eager looks of anticipation as they expected to fry some rice.

Anyway, at the green the STI left the line at 5500 and left the Saleen in the dust. The STI pulled two car lenghts right out of the hole and then seemed to be pulling away further before he let off right around 85 (the stretch of road we were on is NOT the best place to be going this fast).

The orange Saleen proceded to fly down the road and weave a few times. Later we passed them at a light. They both had that classic “WTF JUST HAPPENED” look on their faces.

I assume that this was the supercharged 4.6 model (S281S), but I really don’t know for sure.

Anyone want to fess up to being the Saleen driver? :smiley:

could of been just the regular one or a clone. but either way congrats

Thanks…

I’m hoping that either the Saleen driver or someone who knows him chimes in on this thread…

But I was also hoping for either the Accord or T/A owner to chime in on my last thread like this and that didn’t happen.

GT with the bumper conversion :smiley:

congrats

Nice kill, even though I’m a fan of the Saleen. I haven’t seen what the STi can do on the street but I know a WRX can hang tough with a Cobra, for what that’s worth.

Umm…ok. :rolleyes:

wrx cant even hang with an srt4 most of the time

only hitng the sti,s has is traction off the line,get em fro ma roll and they are dogs:op:

In ross?? i think the orange one around here is N/A

In ross?? i think the orange one around here is N/A

Yeah, damn, LOL.

I’ll still hope your wrong though. Killing an N/A Saleen is nothing special.

nice kill

:blah:

never knew they made Saleens N/A

What’s your problem, SleeperGTP?

never knew they made Saleens N/A

Yeah, the plain S281 has a regular SOHC 4.6 under the hood…I think it might have a few bolt-on parts. They rated them at 285hp, honestly, there about as fast in a straight line a stock GT. They do have nice suspension and braking components though.

:slap:

ill agree to disagree with this statement.

maybe a stock sti which is weak in 4th and 5th is only good in the 1/8th mile and off the line… but anyone that is willing to race it should atleast have a UTEC piggyback on the computer which corrects alot of that. a few bolt ons with that and the sti can hang from a roll… maybe not with all of thost 10 second mustangs and Fbodys i hear so much about but never actually see…

but none-the-less…
i think swarz also neglected to mention that my car was full of boxes as im currently in the process of moving, and i spun all four of the snow tires off the line before i jumped out on the mustang. atleast thats how i remember it.

~marion

Yea I think that orange one out ross is N/A. Wanna run a cobra? :slight_smile:

I do I do I do!!

sure thing. pm me.