Red Cobra on 279n

fucking aorund with traffic… sucks, i wanted to get a good run

younger guy, 20-30…

red cobra, exhaust, dare plate.

we played in traffic…

cobra > vw @ top of 4th… vw held strong on teh roll race from 2nd though :kekegay: just got my front mount on :kekegay: so it was a nice run… could hear his charger in the upper rpms.

anyone on here or know him?

i got off at mcknight, he kept going northbound.

oh yeah… this was sunday around 3-4 pm

?

probably the guy who works at McKrackin

rick from miracle mile maybe? I think his car is a lot faster than that thou.

nope

what year cobra?

any cobra could have a blower on it :booty:

if you’re still in the mid 13’s, I dont think it was an 03 cobra then. Theyre mid to high 12’s bone stock
Besides, you can hear an 03/04’s charger at any rpm, as long as he’s on it :slight_smile:

i didn’t say that we raced from a stop and i smoked him… dude seemed hesitant to race in traffic…which is a good thing… he kept waiting for me to jump it… probably because i’m ‘just an import’ and i would get a damn good start on him, being full spooled in 3rd or 4th gear going 60 already…

so the last time we jumped it,it was more dead even, he didn’t drop back at all then pulled around 90 - 100 and i got off 279

just wondering if he was on here… car sounded nice.

dude, you know theres no way you could hang with an 03 Cobra. If the Cobra did start to lose, the hand of God would come down behind the Cobra and push the Cobra ahead to victory.

mid 13 second car vs mid 12 second car… cmon now you do the math

wait, nevermind, your high 13 second talon used to crush low 12 second cars

what happens when a 13 second car hits the right highway gear and the 12 second car throws a tall gear by accident?

what happens if my lane was downhill and his was uphill?

what happens if he sneezed when i hit it?

you can only talk numbers at the track… on the street it’s all fair game. you know that. otherwise you wouldn’t of lost one race to a 13 second talon… :wink:

I never raced his talon… but youre 100% right, theres a million variables. All I’m saying was, are you sure it was an 03 cobra? 99/01’s can look the same

oh… haha… nope… did i say 03? i have no idea… i just know that 97 or whatevre are dogs and that the ‘newer’ ones are charged… :dunno:

eh, 94-95’s run a high 13 bone stock, but can be made fast very cheap (5.0)

96-98 can hit a 13.6-13.8 driven well

99-01 have done mid 13’s bone stock (same body as mine)

03/04 can do mid 12’s if driven well

probably a 99-01 then?

95 13’s huh
http://www.austinsvt.com/cobra/9395data.html

closer on the 96-98 spec
http://mysticcobra.net/96spec.shtml

None of them where really that fast bone stock until just lately.

Get yer finger outta yer nose and drive a real car. :wink:

All in the driver

I’ve personally gotten my 95 Cobra to run 13.85 bone stock
I’ve seen countless 96-98’s run mid-high 13’s
The only thing that made the 96-98’s slower, were the IMRC’s, which lengthened and shortened the intake runners due to RPM. Basically, shortened them for low end, and lengthened them for top end. But with mileage, they would get stuck or clogged.

And If you can get the IRS to hook up, mid 13’s is not impossible at all in a 99/01.

Hell, I’ve gotten a Mach 1 to hit 13.2 bone stock. And all it is, is a 99/01 Cobra with a live axle instead of IRS