Orange Saleen Goes Down Hard

x2

:repost:

It was my .02 , :finger:

Then quit running off to the track without letting me know, I’d like to run your sweet ass.

ur sayin my ass is sweet?? :moon: :gaysex:

that sounded ultra gay

yea ive definitely seen the orange saleen running around ross but dont know if its a true saleen or not. anyway the wrx is not capable of hanging with a cobra, it will beat a cobra off the line but other than that its all cobra. a slightly mod’d sti will beat up on a cobra. and adding a different turbo and injectors to an sti will make one fast ass sleeper. a wrx non sti with upgraded exhaust and tune will keep with a cobra, and a stock sti should beable to hang with a cobra. like stated above a stock wrx is more compareable to a srt-4 from a dead stop the wrx with a good launch around 4k rpms is gone and its the srt4 that is playing catchup. from a roll its all srt4. anyway thats my .08 cents.

The saleen isnt as fast as a cobra.

Saleen is rated at 365 s/c
and the cobra is 390

I am pretty sure I found this car. It parks on Babcock Blvd, right by Chalky’s. It looks EXACTLY like the one that Slowbretti smoked.

It has a “SUPERCHARGED” decal right below the “S281” badge on the rear.

I’ve seen it also parked over there. I beleive its one of the later year saleens(03,04) cause it has the center exit exhaust.

I’ve seen it also parked over there. I beleive its one of the later year saleens cause it has the center exit exhaust.

yea thats where ive seen it. is it the owners of chalky’s?

Maybe on gravel…

Ever see what a stock STi puts to the wheels? Stock Cobra? I know you’re a subie fan, but come on now.

There is no way a stock STI will be competitive with a stock 03/04 Cobra from a roll.

In a street drag race they’ll be close because AWD is hard to beat at the stoplight derby…but take away the STI’s traction advantage and it’s all Cobra.

ever seen a stock sti slip the clutch and launch the car at 4500 rpms, trust me i know i love my subaru’s but ive also seen them in action. im not saying its gonna beat a cobra in the quater mile but it wont be to far off. a sgt 2 sti WILL beat a cobra ive seen it. a wrx will beat a cobra off the line and then get destroyed after about 2nd gear. as for roll racing who gives a shit. roll racing is retarded.

as for roll racing who gives a shit. roll racing is retarded.

Would you expect the guy with AWD to say anything else? :smiley:

Yes, and I’ve seen them run 15s at PRP too, that’s not what matters. Cobras have nearly a 100hp advantage at the crank, and an even greater advantage by the time that power hits the pavement. Both cars are capable of competitive launches, but you have over-exaggerated the advantage of AWD.

your not hearing me im not saying that the sti will win. a cobras quarter mile times are around 12.9-13.2 depending on the driver and conditions and whatnot, a sti is around 13.3-13.4. not that far off, a stg. 2 sti is around 12.7-12.9 in the quarter mile. thats all im saying. and awd in drag racing is in no way an advantage except for the launch after that the awd blows.

:wink: of course, i dunno i just never understood roll racing but whatever, i guess some people like it, i think its dumb.

Good luck finding that bone stock Cobra that still might run a 12.9-13.2.