Americade?

it starts tomorrow(tuesday) goes to Saturday im going up saturday with about 20 other bikes

probably going up saturday.

I guess I’m gunna head up friday with a group…

probably heading up with this goon on Friday during the day for some obsitcle course thing, gonna shatter some records there then get some food and then start drinking until i pick up a hooker at DJ’s and then fist pump my face off at Fire and Ice til the suns up :lol

truth

you bike guys that dont wanna go to americade, theres an AMC (antique motorcycle club) meet/swap meet in Rhinebeck this weekend.

^^^ this ^^^

F@ck the bikes

The first year you go ya kinda check out the bikes every year after that its the same so its titties from here on in. lol

ill prob cruise up friday

yeah, I hate bikes

Gonna head up early Saturday morning and be gone by the afternoon, so as to avoid the mess as best as possible.

Heard a rumor about a 4 bike and 2 car accident up that way by Lake Luzerne, not sure the details or if thats entirely true.

Wow that sucks, I’m hoping that was the rumor and that there wasn’t another accident also.

Oh.

More excuse for “Motorcycle Only”, “Safety Check” road blocks…:dunno

That TU article wasn’t very informative but here is the link to the local paper up that way with a better story, they still don’t know who was at fault.

LAKE LUZERNE – Two motorcyclists were killed this morning (Wednesday) when the bike they were traveling on collided with a tractor-trailer on Route 9N.
As of 2:30 p.m., Route 9N near the intersection of North Woods Road in the east and Towner Road in the west was closed while police investigate the crash. Traffic was being diverted onto Howe Road to bypass the crash scene.
Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident happened about 9:40 a.m. on a straight section of Route 9N near the intersection of Hall Hill Road, police said. The motorcyclists were heading north, while the flat-bed tractor-trailer was heading south.
According to Warren County Sheriff’s Lt. Robert Smith, police have not determined who might have been at fault. Police are also not releasing the names of the victims pending notification of kin.
The driver of the truck was not hurt and his name was not immediately released.
No other details about the crash or the victims were available as of 12:30 p.m., including whether the riders were associated with the Americade motorcycle rally going on this week. An estimated 50,000 motorcyclists come to the Lake George rally each year during the first week of June.
Motorcycle traffic on Route 9N was extremely heavy Wednesday morning as bikers arrived in the area for Americade, and visitors for the rally headed out on bike tours for the day.
Temporary traffic safety signs have been put up around the region to warn drivers of the extra traffic, including one at Exit 21 of the Northway.
Smith said police in the county routinely respond to numerous motorcycle accidents during Americade, and drivers should be particularly alert for bikes this week.
“Use extra care. Take a little more time at stop signs,” he said.
Americade founder Bill Dutcher said early Wednesday afternoon that he did not know if the crash victims were registered Americaders.
But he said he was saddened by the accident and awaiting word as to who the victims were and whether he and his staff knew them.
Americade offers at least a half-dozen motorcycle safety seminars during each rally.
“We do everything we can to encourage safe riding,” he said.
The last motorcycle fatality in the region during Americade happened on Route 9N in Hague in June 2009.
The accident is being investigated by the Warren County Sheriff’s Office’s Traffic Safety Division and sheriff’s investigators.

Probably going up Saturday to do some photo shooting with the family. Might see some of you guys. Obviously not gonna be on a bike myself.

Looking forward to just getting away for the night saturday.Hope to see some of you guys up there.

T.U. updated the article:

LAKE LUZERNE – Two Canadians in the area for a popular motorcycle rally were killed Wednesday when a steel beam became partially dislodged from a flatbed trailer and struck them as they rode their bike, Warren County sheriff’s deputies said.

The victims were identified as Jacques Addy, 64 and Nicole Lambert, 60, both of Longueuil in the province of Quebec.

The pair was visiting the North Country for the 29th Americade rally, which runs through Saturday in Lake George.

Bill Dutcher, who founded the event, said a moment of silence was observed Wednesday night in honor of the two fallen bikers at the Painted Pony Rodeo, not far from where the accident that claimed their lives happened.

Police say Lambert and Addy were traveling north on their 1985 Honda Goldwing on state Route 9N near Hall Hill Road, when the load of the Mack truck, which was going the other way, apparently shifted, causing the steel beams it was carrying to swing out from the side between seven and eight feet, knocking the bikers off the vehicle.

The truck driver, 47-year-old Mark Leigh of Norwich, N.Y., told authorities that he tried to avoid hitting a group of motorcyclists who had stopped to turn into the Wild Waters Rafting area.

The collision caused Lambert and Addy to be thrown from the bike, which ended up in the wire guard rails. Addy was pinned under the motorcycle following the crash, which took place at 9:34 a.m. Wednesday.

There is no indication that excessive speed or alcohol were contributing factors in the crash, according to a preliminary investigation. As of Wednesday, no tickets had been issued.

The Warren County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Safety Unit and Criminal Investigations Unit was assisted by members of the New York State Police Commercial Vehicle Inspection Unit.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Americade-riders-killed-in-accident-1415093.php#ixzz1OljZC300

That is seriously F’d up that no tickets were issued. The trucker should have secured his load better (giggity). But because of his laziness, two people are dead. I dont truck, but I’ve towed plenty in my life and I always make sure everything is secured 110%.

yeah, definitely seems like it shouldve been secured. That couldve fallen off anywhere it seems.

Im pretty sure youre not supposed to just throw something on a trailer and call it a day.