Americade on Friday

Friday me and my dad will be riding up to Americade, and we have a couple people meeting us @ Fast Trac gas station (Corner of Rt29 & Rt30 in Perth/Amsterdam) at 10AM. From there we’ll be heading up to Lake George via the Sacandaga Dam route.

If anyone wants to go up to Americade for the day, feel free to meet us there to ride up as a group.

There will be cruisers, and sport bikes so ride within your limits. I’ll definitely have the GoPro rolling.

sounds like fun, im gonna try to get some of my friends to ride up that day

I will be up there tomorrow for the day, and again Fri and Sat night…otherwise I would def meet up Fri morning but I cant really take more time off right now!

was thinking about going, but i think im gonna head down to rhinebeck for the antique motorcycle show/swap meet

me and my dad are riding up saturday:)

Maybe, sat looks great fri looks like possible rain. btw is it that crummy looking gas station by the ice cream joint.?

Weather keeps changing. Friday looks nicer than Saturday at the moment, though both days look nice.

It’s the gas station directly across the street. Definitely not crummy, it’s pretty large.

I think I remember that place, looked crummy from where I was standing:lol
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/12302

Fucking rain man, day #5 of rain, weekend looks like friday/sat rain possible. WTF

we usually go up Sat night, but I dunno with the weather. Debated taking the new car but really don’t feel comfortable leaving it up there.

Just watch out for the “Motorcycle Safety Checkpoints” for your protection to keep you safe from your after market exhaust and license plate mounting location…:rofl

Weathers now looking good for Friday… Got my fingers crossed.

I haven’t rode in 2 1/2 weeks… got the crave to get back on the bike!!

what is it? ive never heard of it before… i may ride up if its worth going to

I’d love to go but if it’s a repeat of last year and the year before with the cops handing out tickets left and right I will not step foot in the area on a bike I got a loud exhaust ticket on my old Honda shadow with stock pipes!!! It was thrown out because I fought it but the troopers were ticket happy last year

wish i could. have fun guys

I forgot about that crap!:Idiots I’m sure my Italian race exhaust would get me into trouble.

Went up today, no rain…however it was actually pretty calm up there, not over crowded compared to opening days of previous years. A few less vendors also, mainly due too higher rental prices for booths. Went up rte 40 to 149, but took 87 home and there wasn’t any checkpoints on either side of the northway. Havent heard anything about them this year either so who knows!

Well I’ll be going around the lake and there have never been checkpoints the way I go. Once you get into town, you’re pretty much safe anyways.

Well you did go up on a Tuesday afternoon…:giggle

You should re-read the first line of what I wrote LOL.

Normally on opening day (which is always Tuesday) its MUCH more crowded then it was yesterday. The grass lot by the vendors was maybe 1/4 full when normally its 3/4 full.

Reading > You

:hug

No, I read it. My statement stays.

It doesn’t help that it’s rained every day for the last week either.