Android users beta tester needed

I have been developing an app for the past month or so and i think i am pretty well enough done with the basic functionality so i need people to beta test it and see what works for them and what does not.

app is called “Notify Me” basically allows for customizable notifications (vibration pattern, led light, sound etc) with sms, mms, gmail and battery alerts for now. The battery i just finished a little while ago so i anticipate there to be problems there.

in the SMS/MMS notifications you can customize notifications by contact so when they send you a message it notifies you how you want (certain led color, vibration pattern, sound)

next thing i am working on is getting notification scheduling where if you dont want to be alerted from a certain time then they will turn off

if you want in shoot me pm with your email, kind of phone and what version of android you are running. if you questions,comments and problems post up here.

i will send out emails probably later today and will update this thread when i do with more instructions

I think you still have my email from a Swype APK you sent me.

Not that it matters, but can you make money off these apps that you make?

yes, you either charge for it in the android market/app store or you put ads in them.

yeah i intend on releasing 2 versions, a free one with ads and limited customizations and paid one that would have everything

:tup:

this is like BeBuzz for blackberry, and its def an app i was down to pay for. good luck!

pm sent.

If the Gmail notification is selected, it seems to create 2 gmail notifications in the notifications bar. Not sure if this was intended or not.

Original Droid 2.2.1 Non Root

did you turn off the notifications in the real gmail app?

Negative. Shouldn’t it use the same notification?

no all notifications need to be off from other apps, my app takes care of all the notifications. I am trying to make things easier to control by doing this so you dont have to keep switching apps and stuff to change everything. the only one you dont turn off totally is the sms, the one all you should do is make the regular app sound silent. I am going to send out an updated version later explaining how to set it up better

I set my sms notification to silent, and I’m still getting two notifications. Am I doing something wrong?

yes, i forgot to mention it in last post.

make sure you set ringtone to silent and vibration to never is the messaging app but keep notifications checked. then you wont be double

New update sent out

Turned off Gmail notifications and it works good.

Anyway to change the blink rate of the LED? Also, it seems that the notifications are mapped to the ringtones folder and not the notifications folder. Anyway to change that. I like just using a short tone for my email and SMS.

id be down to give this a shot.

xscottnorwoodx AT gmail DOT com

btw i have a stock EVO via sprint.

I set it up right, and it works now. My only problem is that the led never stops blinking even after I check my messages.

for the email one correct? just noticed that will fix thanks

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

weird, dont happen to me but will look into it though

Yes.

Ran into this problem too.