Blackberry tips

i think there is a thread like this on nyspeed but i didnt search for it…

anyways, i’ve needed some tips recently on how to do some things and i have another one and thought it might be best to start a discussion here.

every day i get a run of messages from blackberry world or the app store or whatever about every update that is available for the various apps i have… FB, twitter, salesforce etc.

i’ve tried and tried but cannot figure out how to stop those updates from polluting my inbox.

any one here know how to do that?

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?63471-Official-BB-Crew-Thread

edit: but i just either update or delete the notification.

i would think it would be in your settings under notifications. thats how it is on an iphone :slight_smile: nice and easy

good thing to remember is to clear all the cookies to - hold down alt and pres L,G,L,G and then delete all of em

make sure you hold down the left alt.
and thats the event logs, not cookies.

IBheresatipgetridofyourblackberry

LOL I was gonna tell him to throw it in the trash

I refrained

Pry off the keyboard first, then tape it to an iphone. Win.

Best tip: get an iPhone

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

fact, touch screens are shit

speculation, you’ve never used a good one for more than 5 minutes.

ive used iphones for extended periods, hated it

My opinion: Touch screen keyboards suck.

i couldnt agree more.

got a tourch and it’s a good name cause i wanna touch it, fucken heap of shit.

on a side note, anyone know how to connection it to a macbook, so i can use the internet?

The “Torch” sucks. Everyone I know that has gotten it has been having issues with it. It likes to touch itself and do things on its own.

really? ive had NO issues at all with my torch. all i do is make sure i keep it updated, other than that i use it constantly and like i said, no issues.

Not with swype.

for my money nobody makes a keyboard that can compete (for a heavy user like myself) with blackberry.

Even with swype, though I do use that over the standard tap tap tap keyboard. Actually I use Flex T9 because it autocorrects regardless of whether you are swyping or tapping.

For the 4 people on here who still use Blackberries:

https://youtu.be/zQ1esvGae_s