Funambol

www.funambol.com

I found this looking for a free or hacked MobileMe type setup for the iPhone that allows full push updates and email to the iPhone for things such as Gmail.

It seems to be a copy used for any phone that syncs to exchange or windows mobile. I am just starting to play with the server but it looks promising for any phone that can sync.

been using it for months

um, what exactly does this do? you can already get gmail on the iphone… what am I missing?

From everything I have seen so far, it allows all your email to be centrally managed in a server and then pushed to your phone, similar to MobileMe. Right now with Gmail, you are using the get every 15/30/1 hour/etc. You can setup your device with this and then get push email from gmail.

Its similar to the BB software that people have posted screen shots. I am just digging into it more now.

oh ok, I see. Seems pretty useful, especially in a corp. enviroment

Ya instead of checking my gmail every say 15 min, I hope to push my shit to my phone over the air which would be pretty cool IMO.

also fixes the outlook contacts issues same with calender. both now sync flawless

Can you sync multiple calenders with your iphone with this? I want to do my work outlook one and my Google one.