Google Sync for mobile phones

Neat. OTA contact and calendar syncing btw your phone and google contacts and calendar. Works for winmo, blackberry, and the iPhag.

It’s nice for me because Lotus Notes (my work calendar) doesn’t sync with winmo, but I can export the notes calendar as an ICS file, import it into google, then sync my phone with google. Beats the shit out of having to type calendar entries into my phone if I want to have my work appointments on my phone.

With winmo at least, you don’t even have to install any software. Google has an exchange server set up so you just add it to you activesync profile. I have my data turned off so I can just sync over wifi.

http://www.google.com/mobile/winmo/

Only thing I didn;t like syncing with google was that any email I sent from gmail ended up in my phone contact list.

I would love Push for Gmail tho.

+1. Made that mistake the day I got my iphone. Figured out how to sync with an empty contact list from outlook express and the re-import my original contacts from my old sim.

Windows address book works great too if you have your phone plugged into your laptop a lot. Some people like OTA which is cool but when I am at my desk, I just let me phone sync with my laptops.

I just don’t sync my contacts with google.

So you get push gmail with this?