Lotus Notes People

I am stuck using Lotus Notes at work and hate it. I rely on my calendar on my cell phone constantly and found this little tool that allows you to import your lotus calendar into your gmail and keep it in sync. Pretty solid and did exactly what I needed. Figured I would post it up for anyone else who may want it.

We have Lotus here too. I’ll have to give this a try later.

Thanks for posting this. :tup:

I’ll give it a try…

I spend 1/5 calls clearing lotus notes sessions.

<-- PCI

i used awesync for the trial period.

Seemed to work fine

Interesting, stuck on the pile shit called Notes here at BCBS as well. I have no real need though to import my work calendar in there. I have access to both my calendars from my iphone and ipad using Lotus Traveler.

Your ITSO offices must love you forwarding even this stuff out to gmail.

They do not approve of sending out email…

Not so sure about the calendar.

FYI as of last week I have a letter in my personnel file scolding me for forwarding my mail to a gmail account so I could receive my mail on my phone without having to take a corp blackberry. It’s a violation of corporate security that they could fire me for if they really wanted to.

Just sayin…

lotus notes traveler

FTW

I’m only syncing my calender. They would lose their shit if I was forwarding my e-mail to a gmail account.

So… Mr Boxxa…

How say you on calendar sync vs corporate security?

I stopped the auto forwarding of email after they put it in Fry’s permanent record [/3rd grade teacher voice]

I don’t see any issues syncing my calendar as there is no sensitive information on that. Forwarding email out to a remote account is a BIG no no.

I would think that is a giant grey area. Meeting invites often have attached documents as well as agenda and other misc. information in the body/subject of it.

Be careful.

Looks like you need hurry up and support us overachievers and our android phones.

In this case it’s not a gray area. You’re violating “Praxair Information Protection Policy” (search airwaves for it) in at least 3 ways:

1. Meeting invites go out over corporate email so by syncing your calendar you’re essentially forwarding email
  2. You installed non-IT approved software
  3. I’m guessing you stored your LAN ID and password for it to sync automatically

:shrug:

Praxair doesn’t allow usage of Lotus Traveler? It works with Android and Apple devices. I got a Blackberry when I started at BCBS but when I was told about traveler I surrendered it and use my iPhone granted it does suck I get no cash for it but I hate carrying two phones.

It uses your local notes files to sync the calender. I do not recall ever giving any lotus motes password info.

There are larger holes in email security technically, but they told you it was fixed… I hope to read your email someday :stuck_out_tongue:

You gave an outside application full access to your email file?

…Sigh…

If this wasn’t a tight-knit community I would file an anonymous tip to Praxair. Seriously guys, what you are doing is a HORRIBLE idea.

Not to worry, Praxair trolls the interwebs, so it will come up eventually.

Edit: Also, We are not doing it as it is moraly wrong to do work on personal devices and agaist some policy or another.

Wouldn’t this be a Pull on Gmail’s part, rather than a push on the company’s part?