annoyin problem

i have a 93 integra and it an auto when i have it is park… it wont go down to drive…so i have to shut the car off put my key in the key lock then put it in neutral then start it up then it will go in to drive…i does this everytime i put it into park… can somone plz help… its startin to piss me off… thx

1st problem its an import this is the domestic forum
2nd its an automatic

are you putting your foot on the brake when trying to take the car out of park? pressing the brake pedal should let the shifter release from park, its a safety feature.

I don’t know, just thinking out loud here. If it’s fluid/pressure related, maybe it’s putting just enough pressure into the internals of the trans while running to cause the shifter mechanism to bind up. With no input shaft rotation, it comes out into neutral OK but what happens if you place it into Park after starting it? Will it go into Park while running as well?

check and make sure you have brake lights when you hit the brakes. common problem is for the brake switch to go then the car doesnt realize that you are putting your foot on the brake. and if that isnt it… it might be the selinoid that releases the brake saftey switch.

just put a small screw driver in the center consol or in the car and dont have to use your ignition key anymore.

yeah i have no brake lights

check the switch with a multimeter. if the switch is good then check the wiring.

yeah it was the switch … and the dumbass that had it b4 me cant wire anything for shit… soo imma have fun re wireing …