Another Lake George meet Sat, July 16th?

Parts didnt come in yet so trying to see who is heading up there from this area

I should swing thru with the old man after Syracuse…lol

Bob would love it

someone grab me some brad penn off exit 18 please

LOL. Good to see you wanting to get some real oil in there. I’d have zero hesitation using a HDEO such as Rotella 15W40 in your case. Sucks that Valvoline does not make VR1 in a 10W40 for you guys, however, mixing the 10W30 and 20W50 half and half would put you right there, ZERO issues with doing this, it’d make you a nice home brew 15W40!

I’ll be there at 8PM with some goons from Ti.

I aint mixin oilz breh lol

Zero issues with doing it, regardless of what you think. If you want proof check it out on www.bobistheoilguy.com or just use Rotella, or get Brad Penn shipped from www.theoilwarehouse.com

Thank you drive thru:hug

Another good option that can be purchased locally is Mobil 1 15W50. Since it does not need to be ILSAC GF4 specs, it has more zinc/phosphous in it. Not that I know what I’m talking about or anything.

If I put that in my car and it explodes you are building me a new motor. Billet mains too.

:rofl

When are you getting the tune touched up?

15W-50 1200 1300 SM-those are the zinc/phos numbers from Mobil 1 15W50. Excellent choice.

I honestly don’t think the tune is that bad, it’s definitely rich… but I know Sean tunes richer on purpose. What’s your AFR on cruise?

I think my Precision 1600s are part of the issue now with idle/cruise afr etc.

It’s in the mid 14’s bud, pretty close to ideal, considering that the car has no ‘closed loop’ mode. Ethanol ‘likes’ to knock when rich, but as long as your at the AF you were at down there or very close, I’m sure you’re fine as he def know’s what he’s talking about. I’ve got a new, easy way to compensate for minor A/F changes…PM me if you want as I don’t want to clog this thread.

rich can cause just as much damage as being lean.

if i get tuned on summer blend then run winter blend e85, what would my afr be like? and how about the other way around?

smokin expert tooner

tuning for e85 blends and the change in weather and elevation is near impossible to get a tune perfect on e85.

e85 is its own game

Just dont get it tunes ragged edge of safety and your fine.

ok, that still doesnt answer my question. will i run richer when i put in summer blend even tho (lets just say) it was tuned for winter blend? or will i run leaner.