Another one of those damn Cobalts...

Looks like I’m back to stock for now. Turbo destroyed itself. Turbonetics will be replacing it.

Yea the SS are pretty tight, that’s a good project right there though. Not a big fan of Forge products though, I had the wastegate actuator and it wouldnt hold my boost it fell quicker then hell!

that sux. How come you arnt just gonna try a different turbo? You had the tuning real close didnt you?

The tuning was done

then whats the problem. he said they were giving him a new turbo in light of the defective one right?

lotts guys moddin the 2.4s. maybe buying the 2.0 was a bad idea for me. lol

If you want an answer to that i suggest u ask him urself

judgin by the video im gonna say its a stick??

Nope its an auto

boosted autos ftw

must be a good “autoshifter”…lol

Hahaha… while I can’t say that I’ve never done that… that’s not what you heard in the video. I let off the gas in the video simply because the car scared the shit out of me. Keep in mind we only ran 5psi of boost previous to that run. That was my first WOT pull under 8psi of boost… so you can see how I wasn’t expecting it. The car torque steered like a bitch and kinda caught me off-guard.

As for the project, give me some time to let the frustration settle and then maybe I’ll try it again with a new turbo. I’m a very impatient guy with a short fuse. Tuning was supposed to be the hard part… yet it was easy as pie. The car was about 95% tuned. The installation was the hard part surprisingly. Exhaust leaks, oil line trouble, and then a fried turbo just set me off enough to call it quits for right now.

I’m trying to buy a house now anyway, so I have that to focus my time and energy on right now. Once things settle and I have some more time on my hands, then I might give it another go.

thats cool, buying a house takes alot out of you so I can see your frustration. I got my hahn tuned pcm/s back now but the car is at the dealer to remove the CEL for the crank position not learned code and also my t/c light is still staying on and shifting super hard. Im really pushing to get the car on the dyno tonight though.

Slowboy Racing has the turbo and is attempting to get it replaced under warranty by Turbonetics. If they get it replaced, I may attempt to get the setup running again.

well, let us know…