WTB: ANOTHER THREAD!? 1997-1999 Eclipse Spyder

Just like the title says. These are very hard to find rust free, should have made my move last year. This is my favorite convertible, I just have a crush on these things. But I also have a neon so go figure
assholes.

I’d prefer to keep it N/A.

• Mike 7167995907

You’ll probably have to travel for a nice one.

Cleanest one on Autotrader: http://bit.ly/2IHhJIc

$4,590

https://images.autotrader.com/scaler/653/490/hn/c/517a52283580463ba163bab64d3e97b1.jpg

https://images.autotrader.com/scaler/653/490/hn/c/deb402be86334af785224f9cfb3c7c4e.jpg

Holy balls that’s clean! I’d really prefer a white one, but I figured I’d have to go south. I was hoping PA or OH

• Updated - - -

LOL that is PA! Well I wonder if they’d do 3500

4spd manual…wonder which gear is broken.

I mean really, who else is in the market for one of these, lol. Give it a shot!

https://media.giphy.com/media/o5BzNDDFQnepi/giphy.gif

Wow this takes me back to 2007.

Unless you find a 4g63 GS-T you’re going to be super disappointed. The 4g64 motors are dogs and have little to no aftermarket support.

I liked my car, but honestly you’re better off buying an NB Miata or S2K if you want a fun top down car.

^ This, but I know you also bought a Neon because you’re in full on nostalgia for shitty cars mode so I’m guessing it isn’t going to matter. :slight_smile:

I myself have felt drawn into the abyss at times…

I still have trouble driving by Fiero GT’s for sale. Luckily there are so few running examples left I’m not tempted often.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37383[/ATTACH]

I would so drive this.

Haha! The neon has been in my family since 1995, and it was my first car, too many memories I’ll never sell it. I can live without the extra 30$.

DUDEEEEE There are so many CHEAP AWESOME cars out there!

Bummmmp

I may have what you’re looking for. The good: I’m a DSM fanatic back from my 91 Laser to the 98TalonAWD and 98 Spyder GS-T I have sitting in my garage now. (not to mention the 3 other DSMs in the past). The car is done right with way too much to list here, but its probably one of the best 2G Spyders that still exist.

Highlights:
-no rust
-16G turbo, built motor
-DSMlink
-coilovers with Konis (I used to autox, I’d bet the best handling “setup” Spyder left)
-two sets of rims sticky summer tires on oldschool Konigs and winter tires on admittedly ugly old rims. I keep mounting them for an emergency in case my daily ever breaks but the car is never driven in snow
-Baer “track” calipers with 2 piece “ultra lite” rotors front, AEM big brake kit rear
-custom sub box that fits under the convertible top. So you never see it or know its there. But you can feel it, if you turn it up enough. I had a stereo guy spend a whole day measuring the space under there, remove the backseats(cant cut the convertible only brace in the trunk), put in a weird shaped box
-Tenzo R seats with… SEAT HEATERS. I spent days taking them apart and installing seat heaters lol. Never ever buy a convertible without heated seats. I put them in my 07 Miata best money every spent.
-good radio head unit with lifetime SiriusXM built in (lifetime account, never pay never expires)
-I always wanted to do an AWD conversion on it, because FWD with open diff in a powerful car sucks, but I never got around to it. So when the trans was rebuilt (everything buffed, 10% higher 5th gear for highway cruising) I also put in a quaiffe LSD. Now the car pulls the right way, even when in a curve using both tires… if they’re gona break free they both do it together.

The bad:
-its not white, its silver lol
-Even tho I only drive it a few times a month, I love the hell out of the car so I’m not really looking to sell it. But everything has a price. I’m on the NY/NJ border. LMK if you want to look at it or want pics

Ah it would depend on the cost obviously. I was looking for a mostly stock 2.4L to avoid turbo issues etc. But I’m open to seeing it, or throw some pics on here! let us all see it!!

Silver I’d be down for if it looks right.

Damnit how do I reply to @ubengineering with a quote?

I want to quote his previous post and say… shammmmme. Go turbo mang!

Highlight the text you want to quote, and a quote logo pops up. Then click that!

neato

shit thats cool

At the rate I’m going with these cars I might as well spend 15K and get a C5