Ideas/Help with Spyder

i got a 2g 1998 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder, its completely stock besides after market carbon fiber altezza’s and the cd player, im looking at working on the engine, tho right now my main concern is the lifter tick im getting (how obnoxious!) but its a DSM so oh well. How much would it be to put in the 3rd gen lifters so that i dont get this annoying tick anymore? also, any recommendations for new performance parts? its an auto tranny too btw (unfortunatly)

turbo or non turbo?

Check out:

DSM VFAQs

DSMTuners, has a lot of great resources including a Parts Catalog and Upgrade Path & Technical How-Tos

Local DSM boards:

http://www.rochesterdsm.org
http://www.wnydsm.org

As for the revised lifters, they run about $130 or so, and cost to put them in totally depends on whether you do it yourself or whether you pay someone to do it. If you check out the VFAQs, they have a step by step tutorial on how to clean/replace the lifters to eliminate the ticking.

Is this a 4G63 or 4G64?

[quote=“Motocrossx23"”]

it’s an auto tranny too btw (unfortunatly)

[/quote]

auto to manual swap?

I don’t mean to come off like a dick, but if its an automatic, dont waste your time and money, save it for something you really want. A true DSM is an AWD Turbo (5 speed).

If you put anymore power through that auto tranny your gonna tear it to pieces and the tranny will eat a lot of your power.

[quote=“Carnut,post:3,topic:34912"”]

Is this a 4G63 or 4G64?

[/quote]

its the 4G64

Sell it while it still runs and buy a better car? Just throwing it out there…

[quote=“sureshot007,post:7,topic:34912"”]

Sell it while it still runs and buy a better car? Just throwing it out there…

[/quote]

:word:

sureshot tagteam

Aparently its about as impossible to find parts for my SOHC 4G64 motor as it is to keep ur dick in a swedish girls ass after u tell her u got aids.

WTF, does anyone know any good sites that dont only sell 4G63 motor parts, but 4G64 as well?

Don’t bother with it… for real. other than that, if your heart is set - I/H/E

I wouldn’t do anything more than that.

You could build the 4G64 with the 4G63 head and go from there but you are also auto and I wouldn’t recommend that at all.

[quote=“Motocrossx23,post:10,topic:34912"”]

Aparently its about as impossible to find parts for my SOHC 4G64 motor as it is to keep ur dick in a swedish girls ass after u tell her u got aids.

WTF, does anyone know any good sites that dont only sell 4G63 motor parts, but 4G64 as well?

[/quote]

There is a reason why there is no real aftermarket for a 4G64. Not to say it’s useless. But there are much better alternatives available, that work much better.

Hey, Chris, its just like my SOHC 6G72, they dont make much, go intake and exhaust and leave it at that, Drive it, enjoy the reliabilty and by a GSX later.

[quote=“IKSHO89,post:14,topic:34912"”]

Hey, Chris, its just like my SOHC 6G72, they dont make much, go intake and exhaust and leave it at that, Drive it, enjoy the reliabilty and by a GSX later.

[/quote]

Yeah thats what i think im gonna do, its just a pain cuz even for wear and tear parts, especially the lifters on the 2nd gen, its really hard to find without being for the 4g63 or only for the gsx…ect ect lol, but yeah i definetly hear ya

no offense but it’s totally pointless to mod an automatic fwd non-turbo eclipse for anything other than better gas mileage.