2g eclipse

can u swap a manual tranny into an auto eclipse and if so how much of a pain in the ass is it?

you can do anything you want with the right resources and money.

usually not worth the cost unless you have the parts already or you have to replace a bad auto transmission.

buy my fwd turbo 2g 5 speed instead :slight_smile:

like what do u have to do to make it fit?

not sure exactly but usually you gotta get the flywheel/bolts, clutch/pressureplate, trans, linkage, pedals (a bitch to swap) clutch master cyl, lines, clutch slave cyl, 5 speed wiring harness, 5 speed ecu and prolly different trans mounts and maybe axles/driveshaft too. I did it to my accord and it wasnt too bad but that a far cry from 2G dsm esp awd

Just buy a tsi/gs-t or AWD/GSX

yea well im not that fond of stock 4g63 motors and dont have alot of money to build a motor to make it reliable

then you dont have enough $ to do this… so please do not pass go… you dont seem to have alot of knowledge based on ur hatred of the 4g63 motor which is much better then your 420a auto…

i dont hate the 4g63 i just have always wanted to build a 420a which yes i dont have a shit load of money right now but thats why i save my money and i dont want to buy a gsx or gst cause of the crankwalk problems and if u start to mod them u need to build the internals of the motor which yes i no u will have to do the same with the 420a but thats just my opinion and thats what i want
i dont see why that is such a big deal
and i was just asking if u could put a 5sp in a auto eclipse
i dont even own a eclipse it was simply a question
thanks for the info

that was a dumb comment

boosting the 420 is such a waste of money when your other option is the 4g63

if you think that the 4g63 is unreliable, you are in for a rude awakening.

4g63>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>420a in terms of reliability. it isnt even close. i have owned both, so i am talking from experience.

420as love to blow headgaskets, have TERRIBLE wiring harness problems, and difficulties with sensor reliability.

crankwalk happens in like 4% of 97-99 engines on average. and, it generally happens around 60k miles. so, most 97-99s have more miles on them now, so they are past the “primary” time that crankwalk would happen.

So what your saying is… you wanted to make a post for the sake of making a post…

you and my 13 year old girl cousin would get along great… she likes to talk for the sake of talking as well…

and FYI… its KNOW not no… fawk

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/eviljonte/english2520motherfucker2520do2520yo.gif

sorry
i guess i wont post anymore
i didnt know i couldnt have a opinion

:wave:

why does everybody have to jump down my throat
im real sorry for not having all the knowledge in the world about a eclipse
ive been told that gst and gsx eclipses dont hold up that well thats why i didnt really want one but now from the info im getting they are reliable
i didnt mean to start any shit

be intellectually persistent. dont believe what everyone tells you all the time. challenge what people say, and support others opinions with independent research. google is your friend.

if you really take the time and do some research on dsms, you will find that unmodded well maintained stock turbo dsms can be reliable. also, you will find that spending money to swap an auto to a 5speed or turbo a n/t is a waste of money and time.

people arent jumping down your throat for having an opinion, people are being harsh because you want to be told what is best instead of reading and researching. if you ask people what you should do instead of reading about stuff people have done in the past, you will always come up with a ton of bullshit you will have to decipher.

go to dsmtuners or dsmtalk. do a google search. there are tons of resources out there.

thanks

that’s why you ask questions instead.

dsms have a terrible reputation, but that comes from neglect and consistant abuse. under proper care and maintenance, the 4g63 could be a very reliable engine. you just have to do some research, ask the right questions, and find the right one.

yea thanks for the info
i dont even know how this post got like this all i wanted to know about was the tranny swap but o well i got some good to know info out of it

I had an auto 420a … looked into the manual swap. It was like 2500 for parts and labor, and I almost went through with it. Sold the car and bought my GST Spyder…

Learn from everyone else’s mistakes, sell the Mitsubishi and buy something German :slight_smile: