need some input

Over the past few weeks ive been considering cutting my losses and parting out my eclipse. It needs a good $5000 to put it where i want it. With the money i could potentially make from parting out would probably build me a nasty 4door civic that would be much MUCH faster. Not sure what to do. the honda would be hell of alot more reliable and less prone to breaking. Any input is welcome.

Only you knows your current financial situation, so until you tell us what that is, only you can decide what’s best to do with the money.

+1

EGR visor :shifty

If you have to ask, I think you know the answer.

yeah… i would love to build the eclipse, but its so goddam expensive to fix when it breaks.

friday!:thumbup

trust me, you have it easy. DSM parts are plentiful. :slight_smile:

But, yea, maintence is brutal. I think 99% of the people that mod, probably shouldn’t. It’s a great hobby but don’t let it consume you. At the very least, get a DD so if it breaks or you don’t have the funds, it can rot till you do.

thats what ive been doing, last spring i grenaded the tranny. Im working on finding a built one or rebuiding the one i have, with an LSD center diff but they arent cheap and a shep trans isaround $2300

need an external wastegate, hotside for my hx35, and a shit load of other stuff. Its not worth throwing a stock tranny in it because ill just break it again.

hmm, sell it and do up a civic.

Your going down the same path I took with the Jetta. I bought it with 36K and a warranty. Put a little bigger turbo in and a bunch of other stuff, then broke the trans too. The case broke and some of the syncros and shift hubs sucked so I was like might as well build the trans up with an LSD while I am in there. But why get an LSD with only 230WHP? So while the motor is out, lets build it too. LOTS of $$ later i have a really fast car when it moves, the rest of the time it gets towed or limps home and I continue to fix shit. lol

It is what it is, and that why they call it a hobby!

Both are good platforms for you, dump $3K+ into the 4wd, or part it and dump $6K+ into the civic. If you part out the Eclipse you can drive the civic while you sell and save the part out money, then be smart about it… once you sell the entire eclipse and banked all that money you prolly will save a little more out of pocket too that way you can get all the parts for the civic at once and do it right the first time, quicker.

my 2cents

buy a race car

turn civic into race car

well… maybe its just cabin fever and not having heat in the garage to work on it, ill sit on it till spring and see if i can start picking up some side jobs or something, i looked at it last night and just thought, im so close to being done i may as well get it goin

join on in on the honda orgy mason! im building mine now too lol

orgy of d00ds

would you have it any other way??

Sure. I’d replace the Honda with another platform and the d00ds with broads. But, that’s just me.

lol, ok man… my shits gonna be dumb fast tho

h0lla back y0