Im looking for a nice reliable import that I can mildly build.

Any suggestions I finally realized that I need a car that is more reliable than an old muscle car. I have been looking at the 09 gts lancer. I really like it but it is alot of money. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? This car will be driven in the winter. Thank you for your time.

Price, preferences and what you want to do with the car mod wise would make it easier for people to narrow down your choices.

Okay sorry hm well Im willing to take a loan up to 18 grand. I want just a reliable car that I can use all year around but Im planning on buying wheels and such for it. I would like to in the future make the car a turbo. Im not really into awd either I heard that there is lots of problems with them. Im planning on keeping the car for a long time.

if your going to spend 18 grand on a lancer, why not get like a 06+ civic si that will be more reliable and better out of the box, let alone easier to mod? oh and it’ll have better resale value to boot

1. If you’re spending $18,000 you better get a god damn nice used car
  2. If you’re spending $18,000 you should have nice wheels on the car stock(not mad Rimzzzz though)
  3. If you’re spending $18,000 you should be turbo stock from the factory or a V8.
  4. AWD cars are just as reliable as non AWD. The 4wd on your dadies truck is more likely to fail than AWD ever will.

New cars aren’t a good value… at all. The only thing you will walk out of the dealership is the fact that you’re the first owner and you will have a “warranty” which will be voided with an aftermarket turbocharger anyhow.

you were doing pretty good until you got to number 3… gonna have to disagree with you on that one :stuck_out_tongue:

you were worried about insurance before.

full coverage on whatever car you buy with a loan for an 18 yr old is going to be 3200/yr
Buy something obd1 or older, spend less than 5k pay CASH, and enjoy 40mpg while you pay 1950$ a year for liability.

Haha what would you prefer?

this is what you want: right hand drive k20 EG civic woot woot

X2

My dad has a civic and idk I dont really like the car. I am very undecided about getting a new car. I was thinking about getting a 2004 eclipse gt. I saw one today and it was sweet. Im really just looking for opinions. What kinda car would you purchase?

for 18k, you can get a 03-04 Evo with under 50k, or an 04-05 STi with under 50k

Don’t make the mistake of getting an average car.

Just because it’s still shiny from the factory does not make it a car to be proud of or that you’ll even enjoy owning.

Get a Subaru Legacy GT turbo.

Or buy a 1 year old cobalt SS. You can have one with 10k miles on it(90k more on the warranty) for like 18k.

Then you have a nice, gas efficient, fun car to drive that will actually be worth something down the line performance wise.

/thread

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300311612318&viewitem=

I had a ride in one the other day and I wouldn’t hesitate to get one if the price was right.

Ya I wasnt thinking about the insurance thanks. If I were to go with a eclipse which generation would be better? What could you get the best performancee out of? I like both generations and Ive seen some body kits on the 3rd generation and they look great.

Ls1 FD

/thead

there are a few cars out there in that range that aren’t turbo or a v8 that i wouldn’t mind owning… g35/350z and acura tl come to mind off the top of my head

You got a cosigner? I don’t think you’ll be getting an $18k car loan at 18 years old. just_karter was probably spot on with the insurance too.

Finances aside, if you’re looking for something fun, reliable, and mod-able for $18k I’d be looking at nice used WRX’s.

Mazdaspeed 3
04/05 STi or newer WRX