was thinkin about gettin another car..

ive been tossing around the idea of getting a new car…i wanted something AWD and turbo…just think it would be fun to have…thought about a ralliart and a wrx and all that jazz…but they are too expensive for me right now…

so anyways…on to tonight…i was perusing craigslist not really looking for anything in particular…when i stumbled across this…

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1165959685.html

do any of you guys have experiences with these? and anyone know how the insurance rates are?

dont take this the wrong way ,but if ya cant figure out a geo wit a bad clutch job dont get into a dsm

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2091/dsmcrankwalk3bd.jpg

crankwalk is pretty overrated. you shouldn’t be concerned(with crankwalk) too much since its a auto. i have a 95 5 speed tranny with 23 spline t-case
if you buy the car and want to do a 5spd swap

yea, id probably do a 5spd conversion…wayy more funner…

is there a dsm 6spd out there anywhere? jw for shits and giggles…

do not get a dsm.

are they really as bad as people say they are?

ive also heard that the people that like them…LOVE them…like a cult following if you will…but i guess most all types of cars have some sort of cult following…lol

The people the love DSM’s are the same people that love to be in abusive relationships.

I know of a AWD Turbo Eclipse for sale, whole car just got painted, 16G turbo, just needs a tune… lemme know

DSMs are great cars but are older and mainly abused. It’s a shame. But, being a non-mechanic or a novice one and owning a DSM is a bad combo.

im in one…but dont love it! :lol

or even something RWD…which i think would be just as fun… :ahh

What about that Trans Am, or Firebird you got

i heard of crank walk but whats the big deal with a mitibishi doing this… it happens all the time and what with the auto verse manual scenario on “crank walk”… i only thought this only happened on unbalanced over power engines

its the gfs car…i have to be nice to it… :tongue

but im going to be doing minor things to that…not anything crazy so that she cant handle it…probably just bolt ons…

oh man! GF’s got a faster car!:ahh:vlad

only when i drive it…:lol

and only cuz i have a tendency to start projects and never finish them…:ahh

don’t get a dsm unless you are competent with working on your own car. it will be constantly broken, if its driving, its still broken you just haven’t figured out what the problem is yet. and yes i have a dsm in my family, a non-turbo one (now with a turbo) and there is still something wrong with it at all time. oh but i still love 2nd gen eclipses.

i am, just this geo fucks with me cuz theres no parts made anymore and not a lot of general knowledge about them in the area…i really didnt know they existed til i found it on CL went and test drove it…then bought it…havent even put 500 miles on it since august…probably wayyy less than that…

at least w/ eclipses theres more knowledge out there…

ALSO…idk if anyone here owns this or knows of this car but ive been drivin by a 95 240sx on western lately and i stopped last week to check it out…its black 5spd and they want 2k obo…anyone know whose this is?