Antenna problem..

Ever since i bought my car it hasent worked…

when i go to use the radio it just makes a rumbleing noise. i have read this is a common problem in S13 i have tried to see what is going on but its so hidden up there i dont know what to do i tried putting my hand to feel like a bolt or anything ot take it apart but …cant find anything …any ideas on what it is i need to replace ?

Thanks

Have you turned on your radio and tried to free it up/spin it free with your hands?

Mine was sticky, so I cleaned it off, oiled it a bit for a little while and let it up and down several times and now it usually works.

I had the same problem, than i just got rid of the whole thing, for a cleaner look when i got it painted, ive heard u can sum how hook it up through ure rear hatch like the the wires that runs across for the rear demister, it apparetly gives u a really good signal, i avent tried it yet, but u can find it if u search on http://forums.nicoclub.com

i think u need the original deck harness or some shit for it to work.

it used to move up and down with my hands if i pulled it …but never on its own…so in the summer i got sick of looking at it and i pushed it all the way down inside you can ony see the top black peice now…probley a stupid move lol but whats done is done…it just sounds likea gear is stripped or something…maybe ill jsut have to take it to nissan…or i can just never mind about it like i have since i owned the car…lol im kinda knit picking my car right now i lost my job and have nothing to do at home all day lmao …sad…sad times…lol

it’s probably the mast that’s gone… it’s just a plastic piece that pushes the antenna up and down… it’s very easy to replace as well. Just pull the antenna out and open it up. You’ll also see the gear the pushes the mast up and down (which is what’s making the noise in your case)

On that oem radio harness for the anteana, there are two plugs (on the s13). the two prong plug that you buy an adapter for is for the power one on the fender, the other is for the one in the hatch glass. You cannot pick up AM on the hatch glass.

:slight_smile: