anti lag system

So I was at dmcc on Sunday and if you were there you probably noticed Marc Ladrevilles insane sounding car. I was going to go up and talk to him about it but seeing how he broke a couple times, wasn’t sure if he’d want to talk. I’ve done a little research and have come across this…

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

Now if your running a stand alone is this achieved through the tune?

It’s achieved through higher end EMS’s settings (I’m sure there’s aftermarket kits that don’t need an EMS, but I wouldn’t trust them). It’s separate from the tuning map if that’s what you’re asking.

I know my Haltech supports it, and pretty sure AEM and others do too, but I would never use it for a street car unless you like spending money on engine parts, it’s very hard on your engine components, as stated in that link ^.

You don’t want this. You don’t need this. If you insist on having this, try to find a Bee-R rev-limiter used, and you can make fireballs and banging noises to your heart’s content. But you’ll have to get rid of your cat.

I’ve toyed with it on a number of street cars and in almost all cases, it was more of a pain in the ass than anything, If you are going to bother to tune it, you better have it wired to a switch. Also, if you are using anti-lag, it’s best to look into systems that also support a cyclical idle for cooling.

Haha thanks dudes! Yes obviously it sounds cool but I also like the fact the it’s slightly more constant power on demand. I’m just throwing a bunch of ideas around right now for my build. I want a monster!

if you want no lag, get a bigger engine lol