Any bass players on here?

I play guitar already but want to pick up a bass and learn that too. What’s a good starter to go with?

Probably an Ibanez Geo Soundgear. They’re pretty nice for starters, and you can keep rockin’ em out when you get good too.

Learn to play the drums. They are hella fun.

I’d have to agree with dawn.
305 soundgear was one of my first, and I still love to play it.

I love mine too. Though I’ll admit I haven’t really played in the past couple years. But shit, I should start up again.

I have been playing for 15yrs
Look at something used in the $300-$400 range, maybe a Warwick or a Carvin or something of the sort

A shitty instrument will do nothing but discourage you from learning

I started playing guitar at 7. It sucked, I had to buy a piece of crap, then less of a piece of crap, until finally I built up a '67 strat when I was 14 or so.

I started playing bass around 18, and my dad was so psyched on it that he gave me a '64 jazz bass.

Just graduated college, and my present is a '62 reissue precision bass.

moral of the story; chum up with your pa

Been playing 7-8 some odd years… If you are going into the $300 - $400 range… I recommend a Schecter…

And come to me when you’re looking to buy a half stack for your new jam stick. $300 cheap.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX650-Soundgear-Electric-Bass?sku=511712

thoughts?

i got a nice yamaha bass ill sell.
2002 RBX774

how much?

make an offer. it was used like once or twice. like new.

not bad but look for a used one on eBay and save $$$$

Used to play, I had a Fender Jazz, a Washburn XB400, and a Hohner elec/acoustic. Sold the Burn for a pair of LP congas, and the Hohner just sits, I should put it up for sale. The Jazz I’m in the middle of 3/D modeling.

Lots of good starters out there, and lots of opinions on what’s good to kick about. My favorites are cheap bastards - learn first, decide if it’s something you’ll wanna pursue, commit to a nice one later on.

i have a pretty good feeling i’d be fairly decent with a bass so i’m not afraid to spend around $300