Any Interest In a Dyno Tuning Session?

Resurrecting the thread. Ed (Ed from VA Speed; edcmat-l1) will be coming to Pittsburgh to tune again April 25-May 2, 2010…

List of who’s in for April 25-May 2, 2010:
-ZXGTO06-2006 GTO, ARH LTs, VRX5 cam, cai-deposit paid
-Wayne9125-1995 Trans Am, Pacesetters
-Nsty98LS1-2002 Trans Am: bolt-ons, Magic Stick 4, 4.11 gears-deposit paid
-2004ctsv-2004 CTSV + Magnacharger-deposit paid
-oneslowbowtie-possibly nitrous tune
-Onyx_Rock-deposit paid
-AutomaticWpn06-LS2 GTO, stall, headers-deposit paid
-McLovin-LSx 416 GTO-deposit paid
-SK360-LS2 GTO, stall, headers, "etc."deposit paid
-SixSpeed454SS-possibly in with Gen7 Accel DFI on a Big Block Chevy w/dual sync (Sequential) and wide band
-prhockey21-2004 GTO, “non-2004” engine, heads, headers-deposit paid
-blue00ws6-deposit paid
-thedak-2006 GTO, 416 stroker, LTs, etc.
-1slowss-2010 Camaro-deposit paid
-SPC_Wright-deposit paid
-1 of Jeff’s customers-deposit paid

2nd or backup list:
Puddy46-2004 GTO
Czwalga00gt- 93 Rx7,Built LS2 Shortblock, Turbo Cam, Ported Heads, 76mm Turbo.
rmonjeepsrt-SRT8 Jeep-update tune
theblur98ss-98 camaro, 408, 91mm turbo, 4l80e tranny, BS3, 96lb injectors, dual bosch 420L pumps

Ed is one of the premier tuners in the country.
Any interest? Send Ed or Jeff or me a PM or let Jeff know or just post up in this thread.

Tuned by Ed in Nov. 2009:
-Zelienople Bill - procharged GTO
-quadman - 416 stroker GTO
-psu goat - ud pulley Kook’s LTs GTO
-Torrid GTO- cam, headers GTO
-rmonjeepsrt - Jeep SRT8
-oneslowbowtie - 408 Chevelle

-and a couple others I missed.

Virginia Speed
757-468-5101

What can he tune and where? That info might help.

LSx and LT1s. On the dyno near Jeff’s shop would be the most convenient, although the location is not etched in stone.

I may be interested depending on when and where.

We’d be able to give you access to a dyno in the verona/penn hills area as long as some of the cut goes to the house for use of it.

Edcmat-l1 from ls1tech

6 cars in one day? damn. Doesnt it take like 2 -3 hours each car tuning wise and plus cooldown and strapping it. Thats a long day :frowning:

long days are worth it

he can tune lt1s? im game

only depends on how well he does the tune. But yes it does take some time

this is what Ed messaged to me:
“I street tune either before or after dyno tuning. Most of the time when I travel somewhere to tune, I’m fixing tune issues, and there’s always alot of street tuning to be done. More of that than dyno tuning. I usually only need the dyno for a few pulls each car.”

as far as the dyno location to be used for tuning, that’s not up to me. talk to Jeff. the dyno owner will be paid separately for use of the dyno, on an hourly basis. unless you want to rent the dyno on a daily basis to keep our costs down…lol.

ok, how this whole thing got started was like this. me and SK360 and Jester were in Memphis over the weekend for the LSX shootout. i took my GTO to Spectacle Solutions for a little “FAST intake porting experiment”. so we met Jeff and Brian, the owners of Spectacle. while we were there, who comes walking in but Ed and Shawn from VA Speed. so we BS’d with them some and i said to Ed…“if you weren’t 400 miles away i’d love to have you tune my car after i get the Vararam-style cai on it”.
so yesterday Ed PM’s me and offers to come to Pgh if we can get a few cars for him to tune.
Jeff and I have both tried to get Jeremy Formato to come to Pgh, with no success.
Ed made the offer, so we’re trying to get something together. time frame is open. i guess whatever timeframe works best for most people is the one we’ll shoot for.

I dont know what kind of dyno he wants. We can use my dynojet.

I can usually crush everyones prices! and I am a site supporter!

Ed is the fucking man… reading some of his tuning threads have made my head spin and I have been working with HPTuners for 2+ years now. I’d like to see it happen for the spring.

6 cars at his rate i can easily see a 3k plus bill

Sounds like a ricer event. “my tooner is better then your tooner”
Fly in my tooner !!!

Then why can’t you hit low 11’s :wtf:

holy fuck you have a ls2 automatic ( 400hp fucking stock ). Seriously may need a driver mod for the drag strip.

Thanks Shaggy… Where is your car again? lol.

There are not many LSX tuners worth a shit in the area so flying in one of the countrys premier tuners makes sense :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Don’t worry were my car is, Worry about flying in the tooner to make your car run the exact times

Yes use a site supporter! It depands on the day,i would like to see if theres any gains from what i have to his!

Might be interested if I can get my act together in time and get some miles on the car.

I’d be interested if I still haven’t made it out to PCMforless when/if this happens.