any investors here?

well i think this is the right section but any ways here goes

age 19

my bank account: 7 thousand 6% interest

bonds: 7 thousand

project thats almost done ive invested about 9500

dont wanna get an apartment, hopefully a house by the time im like 24

any ways what im asking is if any of you guys have sum sort of mutual fund or bond ladders or stock options

with my bonds that have almost fully matured i wanna invest in sumthing instead of sticking it into my savings account

i work about 100 hours a week when not in school, 40% goes to cars, 50% to the bank, 10% to gas and having fun

if you guys dont find it too personal to share what you’s have done gimme sum advice on saving and making money

market scaring the shit out of you junior?

NSFW?

Fucking failure.

I have an acocunt with a Newyorklife rep who manages most of my cash. It is doing well. I also manage my own high risk stuff. It is not doing well. If you are looking for a pro to handle your stuff for you then pm me and i will give you his info.

lol.

I invest in my bills.

Sounds like he is doing just fine. Maybe you are the failure because you care about an internet forum??

He is apparently a engineering student at UB, yet here he is with this gem:

well i think this is the right section but any ways here goes

…posted in Off Topic > The Not Work Safe Zone

Yea, hes doing great!

Financially, @ 19 yrs old he is “wasting” money in savings & bonds? Brilliant! I heard thats what all the $10.99 Money managing books recommend!!

sorta yeah, i seem to be the only one out of my frends that are scared about the future and living by myself and getting a degree with a nice paying job, maybe im just a pussy

what do you do? Thats alot of money in the bank for 19 year old.How much you make an hour if you dont mind asking?

carny in the summer about 40 hours between firday satuday and sunday 8 bux off books

valvoline 8 bux, side jobs

delta sonic, work 4 hours a week, 15 dollar check, 300 dollars in tips wiping cars,

my dad keeps telling me if i didnt spend money on cars id hav over 20 thousand dollars, wich is true,thats why none of my cars better fucking die on me

He has almost 24k in assets at the age of 19 and is clearly a kid who works for what he has. He doesn’t drive a SIQQ car with loans or debt out the ass and 0 in his pocket. So because he’s not hood rich, isn’t leet on this site, and not a pro at investing at his age he’s dumb.

:clap: Good argument.

I think your VERY financially stable for a 19 year old.Fuck, most my friends live paycheck to paycheck and there in the their early 20s.I would personally put more money into having fun.Go out spend money,do stupid shit.Your only young once and if your going to be an engineer you should be making the big bucks once you graduate.

i didn’t own a car worth more than 5k until i had a house and 401

:tup: to junior but grab your ankles we’re in for a bad down turn

So '08 is a bad year if you already own stocks or a bad year to invest?

I just opened my Bank of America investments account hoping to invest around $1k,just to see how I do.

Any investment tips would be helpful,I’m a noob to the stock market.

same here im listening

only positive things ive heard about so far is the chinese and indian markets, and over the last year lots of companies such as amazon and yahoo have gone up more than 60% in their stocks, atelast according to smart money magazine

the way these guys make it look is basically putting 5 grand away into a stock that they recommend, and a year later, it goes up like 35%, and you dont hafta pay attention to it, and it seems that theyre almost 100% right, ive been looking at their annual sotck overview issue, comes out once a year, and ive looked at the last 5 years, and theyre really accurate, i got this huge itch to just go shove 5 grand sumwhere and come back a year later to see how lucky i am, this years winner is suppossed to be sum medicine company i cant remember the name

tips for $1k/?>

spend it on hookers and blow and come back when you have real investment capital.

srsly

1k? join etrade k?

I have most of my money in international mutuals. If you want you can put some in DEIX and SIRI and we can cry together about all of the money we are losing.

Fixed.