Any problems with the S13 Silvias?

I have been thinking about importing an S13 Silvia from japan, and I was just wondering what problems, if any, this vehicle commonly has. As well as any other rare problems anyone has heard of.

Thanks

ca18det thats the most comon problem i hve heard about in these cars… :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha

Sometimes rust…But this only happen on cars brought in by cheap Retards.

alright its official i will make you say byaaahhh with my foot when i kick you in the balls

i always wondered where my pop cans went…

phew im saved i have ca20 :finga:

Well unfortunately there hasn’t been much useful info posted yet…

If you are buying a car from Japan, you’re pretty limited on what you can look for before you buy the car. If possible, get a compression test. Get some pics of the underside and of the front strut towers under the hood, as those are pretty common places for rust.

I can’t think of many major issues that Silvias have, just little minor cosmetic and annoying ones. All the chassis parts are interchaneable with 240sx parts here and those are relatively cheap. Most engine parts can be found here too, so if you do have problems, you wont be too shit out of luck.

Hopefully some people can offer some more constructive advice.

i haven’t heard of any “same problem with every car” type problems with any s13 other than factory understeer.

if your worried about something going wrong you should not import. You should find one that is already here for sale and with OOP inspection. I try to keep a couple S13’s in stock so people can drive and look at the car before you buy though this way the price isnt going to be 5 grand that some “cheap” people tell you they paid for their car. OR I can just go to Japan and hand pick you something if you would like. Still a pre sale and there is a wait and you do your own OOP but thats the cheapest way your going to get a car and at the best posable way you know what your getting as I take pictures and drive the car. But always plan on fixing little things. There not brand new cars ya know.

Now this is a prime example of a great importer.

W3RD Ca18s and 20s are the suck especially when the car is doo doo brown in color

Say all you guys want about the CA. But my BONE STOCK Ca was pulling away from a 9psi RB20 Skyline this weekend.

oh noes … doo doo brown … sr20 pink FTW

LOL a 9PSI GTS-T is not fast at all. Think a skyline weighs alot more than your car and an RB20 is not the most powerfull or torquest motor made by nissan.

i’ve had my car 2 years now. just recently i’ve had all the bushings replaced and my tied rods because the tension rod bushings were toast. my car is daily driven, but i’ve only put on 17,000 km’s in the past two years. once you get over the 100,000 km mark, set aside money for bushings/ball joints/water pump/timing belt/etc.

if you buy a car with aftermarket suspension, you’re guaranteed to need new shocks and struts within a year. alot of cars have old Tein or JIC suspension in them, and beyond 20,000km’s in some of them. they won’t last long after.

LOL a 9PSI GTS-T is not fast at all. Think a skyline weighs alot more than your car and an RB20 is not the most powerfull or torquest motor made by nissan.[/quote]

No shit it wasn’t fast, i guess i kinda expected more from the RB.

so did 80% of people who bought a GTST

that was a gooder ^^^

that was a gooder ^^^[/quote]

i just got a disaproving look from my boss for laughing at that, well i didnt just i did like 10 hours ago, but whatever. :drinkers:

that was a gooder ^^^[/quote]

that was a great gooder.

Very tired of GTS-T owners playing like there isnt a difference between a gts-t and a GT-R…“A Skyline’s a Skyline MIRITE??”