any surfers here?

just curious to see if there is anyone with a decent amount of experience surfing. I’ve been a couple times but that never really took me too far. pretty much just learned to drop in, and no carving. But next semester I plan on getting out quite a bit since i’ll be 1.5 miles from the beach.

If you’ve been, say where and how many times.

And yes, I am making this thread at 5am. Ever since exam week i’ve been nocternal.

Learned at north shore, surfered down here in melbourne before, can carve short boards, just suck balls on a long board

might as well be a surfer since there is no fucking snow :frowning:

[someone’s mom]

i’m surfin right now!

http://www.prponline.net/images/Work/EAP/web%20surf%20toc.eps.JPG
[/someone’s mom]

started surfing when i was 14. i obviously dont get out much anymore, but i was pretty serious about it. Learned to surf in long island. Yes we have nice beaches and u can usually catch some nice waves during any storm, or if the tide is right.

Ive riden in waves up to about an 8-9 foot face and as small as about ankle high.

if ur interested, i have a SICK 6’2" JC surfboard for sale. If u know surfing, you know that JC(John Carper Designs) are sick.

i used to ride that, and a 6’0" Surfboards Hawaii

I’ve been surfing twice On Pacific Beach in San Diego. Took a lesson my first time. Just easy stuff on a long board. Small, already broken waves. It was a good time.
I’ve been bodyboarding there too and ventured farther out into the waves. I made it onto a wave perfect one time and droped down the face of the breaking wave. I can honestly say it was one of the coolest feelings of my life.
I think I would be a surfer if I llived near a surfing beach.

ill tell you right now, theres no better feeling in the world then dropping in on a wave and riding it out to the end.

sounds lame, but its something that u cant really explain. those ppl that have surfed know what im talking about.

seriously tho, you noobs need to be careful. ive been a strong swimmer all my life, i can still swim fast with little practice. the ocean is a dangerous place and its real easy to put urself in a seriously life threatening situation. oh and when u get hit in the head with a surfboard, or get sliced by a fin, it fucking hurts, and that leaves u in pain, in the middle of breaking sets getting slammed by breaking waves. either go out with a friend or surf where theres ppl around that may notice you get hurt.

for sure. the last time i went surfing, the friend i was out with got tossed by a wave, and went head first into the sand. got a pretty bad stinger. If i hadnt noticed him, he would have drowned right there.

66impalass - what time of the year did you learn on north shore?

god i cant wait to go there.