snowboard/ski season! whos ready!

sooooo…im fucking pumped. i cant wait for snow to start falling in the south towns and for holiday to open. bought a new board and bindings. this should be sweet.
:headbang:

so who skis/boards? and where do you guys go? and is anyone as happy as i am about the season coming up. for all you none snow people i already no your going to say i hope it doesnt snow and you waste your money, or i hope it snows somewhere other than ski country. lol dont have to say it. i know theres a shit load of you guys

as long as i dont almost die this year, i am pumped!

I’m ready, Only thing I need is a new set of gloves (but I’ve got old ones if I have too)

Deck is out, tuned, and everything is ready for HV to say “OPEN”…

I am using the same stuff as 5 years ago, except getting a new jacket and a wax job

snowboarding is one of the reasons i love the winter

i need to have my board tuned… other than that i am stoked to use my new boots and bindings.

yeah last year before they built the jumps i got 2 concussions in about a month. straight-lined cindys and got cut off right at a lip. hit the ground facing up the hill after being 3 feet in the air off a downward lip. that sucked

and i love it. the deal i got with my board and bindings, i also got a free tune up with it, so im getting my old board resurfaced and sharped. now i can use that when conditions suck and my new one hopefully if conditions get good. :burnin:

I need new boots and bindings then it’s go time!

buffalo boards i have found have cheaper shit. the kid that works there goes to Vermont to demo several different products. hes told to find stuff that cheap but good. i ended up getting bindings threw them i havent tried yet but ive heard good word about them, Flux Super Emblem Flannel. cost. $180 when i compared them online i found that they compared to burton and other companys bindings around $220 not trying to promote for them but i have actually got good deals and been treated pretty good there

I work there too, do you know if you dealt with Mark or Tom? I’m just hoping to get out skiing once this season, I didn’t go at all last year :frowning:

get in hurr http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39508

I can’t wait!!

im actually very bad with names. the one with the long board whos dad i think it is owns the place?

I know about the dying thing, I knocked myself out COLD on Martigras last year, caught an edge and slammed the back of my head onto a sheet of ice… woke up 10-15 mins later surrounded by Orange Jackets.

Now… I’m sporting a Gyro Nine.9 W/audio; already saved me from a couple other head-knocks last year.

There are plenty of board/ski guys on here, and a bunch that work at places; so the NYspeed discount is even more.

I cannot wait to be home for x-mas break from college, killington ftw only 5 minutes away.

i knocked myself out when they had the huge mounts of snow on mardigras. i hit it like a jump and came down fine, hit a tiny mount and caught my back edge. hitting ice…not fun

wish i would have known about a discount that way. but who knows if buffalo boards what have done that.

I believe they do; there’s at least one person here who works there.

hopefully I’ll get out on my board a few times this year

I’ve been boarding for 9 years. KB park rat no pass needed :stuck_out_tongue:

I hit one of the large jumps in the upper terrain park, and somehow managed to invert myself completly, causing me to land square on my head like i was diving into a pool. I really dont know how it happened as i have no memory of the entire incident. All I know is that a couple of the friends i was with dragged me to the side of the hill, and helped me back to my feet after a few minutes of me (A) Being unconscious and (B) Being unsure of exactly where i was and what was happening. I checked out with a mild concussion, and a dislodged disk or vertebrae or whatever it was in my back that shifted out of place. That shit still hurts to this day!

Can’t wait. Got all my gear at BB as well. Have 4 new boards, and bindings. Set.

We (Urban, 736 elmwood ave) do full tunes for 30. we do a great job too (I should know, I do them)