2010-2011 Ski/Snowboard Thread!

Ok, as we all know winter is coming, regardless of whether you want it to or not. Friday will be 8 weeks from Opening Day at HV this year.

Who’s starting to fiend? I know I am.

What gear is everyone rocking this year? I’m riding the same as last except for new gloves/helmet.

I am excited, but am in Rome until February 3rd. I am going within a few days of getting back, same gear for me, unless I find a sweet deal in the meantime… I want to get longer skis and a new jacket.

I would not mind hitting the slopes this year. I am fully healed.

Luke - Monday/Tuesday Nights… It sounds like I’ve got a group of people who want to go/go learn.

Rockies anyone? Last season there was some talk of a trip out west.

In. Got some new giant slalom skis, and a 02 yamaha sx viper, I’m ready for winter for sure.

this guy wants to learn snowboarding

Stupid job ruined my schuss pass this year. Went and got a holiday valley pick-a-night pass. Will be there every saturday at 4pm :tup:

Me and the gf wanna learn this winter. Any good teachers

You don’t need no stinkin teachers. I learned the hard way on Mardi Gras.

Will be picking up a Sunday Night pass. Hopefully a Head Defy Rocka set up if all goes to plan, all new gear seeing I haven’t been out since 8th grade.

There’s a kid who used to be on here that teaches at HV; he’s really good for beginners. I know he mentioned doing some “off the books” teaching this year. He taught my GF last year and did an awesome job with her (Good enough that even though she was sore and couldn’t move, she desperately wants to go again this year). I can give you his contact info, as I don’t believe he’s an active member here anymore. I know I’ve got about 6 people lined up for lessons with him this season already.

I’m doing multiple SLC trips again, and probably a Breckenridge trip as well. Next season (2011/2012) I’ve already got a Whister trip in the works.

I have a season night pass for HV and will be down to go anytime so long as the other person isn’t slow.

Hells yeah.

I picked it up fairly quickly my first night going down the bunny hill. I was shaky as hell to start but by the 4th time up I could get all the way down the hill without stopping. I’ll admit I still and a NOVICE with this as I got cocky and ate shit HARD down Yodeler I believe. I was trying to let the group enjoy other slopes. Lesson learned. Stick to the bunny hill and learn how to carve…carve…carve.

please pm me info thx :slight_smile:

In for some knuckle dragging this winter. To be honest I have not though about it much yet, but when the snow starts to fly i’ll be pumped!

I forgot about snowboarding. Last year was the first time I didn’t go at all in over a decade. Don’t work at a shop anymore so I no longer get the hookup on passes. Damn. And this year I get to make my own schedule

You were at the bottom of Punch-Bowl when you bit it; right by the Tanenbaum lodge.

anyone have any used gear?

I have used gear, but I missed out last year… I may want to keep it so that I can get back out there. I think that you are about my height Dan, you can borrow all of my stuff if you want so that you can see if you like doing it. It will be better than trying to learn on rental equipment. Maybe I will then decide to buy new stuff and give you my old!