2011-2012 Ski/Snowboard Thread!

Well since the snowmobile thread has already been started. Lets get this one on the road as well.

I for one can not wait for this season to kick off. I know I should be out again every Sunday teaching at Holiday Valley if anyone cares to stop up and ride. I’m definitely going to be hitting up a bunch of Saturdays as well.

If anyone is down to go after getting out of work, I would also be willing to meet up with someone to cruise down. I’m usually not out till 5pm but I’m figuring some days I’ll use some time to get out early and ride.

Anyone else ready for this season to start?

I bought a kb season pass so i can just go right after school on mondays and wednesdays. And ill probably be out saturday and sunday if nothing is going on lol.
although i like hv “more”,kb is way closer and i like how the hills are wider than hv. wish holiday wasn’t so expensive. if i can get a discounted pass through school ill probably buy one though. or just wait until it’s b1g1

I wanted the private lesson package for my daughter but she needed a season pass so I got one for me and she got a free one with my purchase. My wife bought it hook, line, and sinker.lol

Guessing that was for Holiday? When do you usually get time to go?

I’ll be putting a couple Saturdays in at Red Door (for a pay stub :wink: ) more towards the holidays if anyone needs deals…

Go now to Red Door is you want really nice rentals for $99. They let you pick your gear, first come, first get the best of the best… Park boards… etc

I’ll probably buy a season night pass at Holiday. Me and Newman usually go up after work or on weekends. Try and make it out at least once a week.

thinking I want to snowboard this year for the first time (long time skier). I did a bunch of wakeboarding this year and loved it so I’m excited to try what appear to be the similar sport on snow.

should I do a rental for my first year or just go buy some gear?

I’m sure I will run into you there. I’m there pretty often.

What type of riding do you guys usually do?

Try renting at a ski resort 1 time. if you like it, get some gear if you have the money. Otherwise, if you dont have the money to buy, rent for the season.

Sorry forgot to mention, I went with KB because it is between my house and work. :smiley:
I don’t even know when I will find time to go… sadly.

Oh, I’m fiending like a mad-man! Then again I go in my back yard and am looking at some of the best ski hills in the world! :stuck_out_tongue:

The nice part besides that, is I’m 30 minutes from a laundry-list of world-class riding. (Park City Resort, Canyons, Brighton, Solitude, Snow-bird; and Deer-Valley & Alta but I don’t consider those two seeing I’m not allowed!!!)

I got 2 things to get for this season within the next 7 weeks (Resorts are tentatively scheduled to open mid-November here); I need a roof-rack enclosed carrier (Board/gear doesn’t fit in the Jeep so well with a baby-seat in the back!); and a new set of boots (Burton Driver X most likely, if not those the ION or SLX; still gotta go to the board shop and see what feels the best).

Not that I snowboard (I ski) but I would try renting at Bristol just to make sure you like it.

If your really set on buying gear they have really good deals at the ski company sale at the dome center this weekend.

Guess because of the way the sites been running you didnt see this post.

I’ll probably see you in there a good amount. I’m there all the time.

I did say what style of riding do you guys do, but that didnt post either. Just the picture. l

Ive had enough of your shenanigans.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19121[/ATTACH]

theblue - Rental the first time/first couple times out and make sure it’s something you want to do. Then go find your own gear. I got a great deck off here when I started for a killer price that I rode for almost 5 seasons before I got the deck I have now. The used market for snowboard equipment is always flooded with entry/mid-level equipment from people who buy and use a couple times then get out of it; you can typically pick up stuff for 50% of new that’s been ridden maybe 5 times if that if you keep your eyes out.

Ive got my pass for Sundays at HV. I go every Sunday of the season and a couple days during the week sometimes.

got my 20 ticket trans pack for KB split it with the wife and friends…so jacked to board this year…uaually hit up saturdays…i think we are planning a trip to Peak N Peak too

I’m getting a 10 pack for holiday this year and just going to try to use them all, i can’t wait. Need to find a ski rack for my car though without paying 400 bucks with the rack yakima suggests

anyone need a kb season pass?

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?219260-20011-2012-kissing-bridge-season-pass&highlight=kissing

So I guess my post didnt really post right with how the sites been acting up.

Wish I was able to travel and go somewhere with good powder now. haha

How has not one person commented on this yet.

Snow Shoe has been the first to receive snow this year. 4" over the weekend. I am so damn pumped for this season and the plans I have for riding.

Snow reported in WV, PA, NC Oh snap!

We have a Winter-Weather-Advisory starting Wed and going through Friday for all altitudes above 7500’; calling for significant snowfall. Looks like the target date of opening mid Nov is getting more and more likely!

Now I just gotta go find boots!!! Anyone ridden the Burton ION, Driver-X or SLX boots before?