Any welders out there?

I need to talk to someone who has a argon welder…When i bought my catback, it came with the “1st gen” tip already on the exhaust and also came with an extra “2nd gen” tip…I want to put the new one on but i hear you need a argon welder for stainless steel…am I right? if anyone wants to make any etxra $$ and help me out it would be awesome

creepy can weld…

he can? what about stainless steel? i hear you need an argon welder?

that i dont know…call him

^^ thanks mike

i dont do much stainless, as im set up for mild steel and would need to swap wire rolls to do the welding …

this welder doesnt like to take a new roll of wire easily … its a PITA … usualy take a freakin hour …

so thats why i say no to SS welding

nmost welding is done with argon or an argon mixture. The gas has little to do with the ability to weld, but the gas mixture does mater still, the wire/feed rod is as much dependent

Either TIG weld, or use a MIG with stainless wire and pure argon

Cooter, if you need a tip welded on stop in and talk to lee he can weld whatever you need :slight_smile:

Ditto here… I will be set up for mild steel Stargon/MIG, Stainless Steel with Argon/TIG, and Aluminum with Helium/TIG. Up to 3/8 for Al and 1/2 for Mild Steel, but welder is designed for intricate thin metal/piping work mainly. Unknown on SS thickness yet…

sound choice (SCAP) has the TIG/backpurge setup for stainless welding, and i would be the guy doing to work, if your interseted i’m doing stainless exhaust on the show car, so i’ll be setup, total time is about 15 min to get it welded on. 775-3333 if your interested.
Grant

PM me if you need someone cheap that’s an actual professional.

sweet man will do…i also have that wiper blade motor also to get installed… :tup:

I think I know who he’s talking about, and that guy is top notch.

Makes intercoolers for a living, and is starting his own welding/fabrication business.

big :tup: to lee’s welding skillz yo. i was gunna tell you to call hybrid if nick couldnt do it mike…so, call hybrid