Anybody else see the Supra powered Camaro?

In the latest issue of Hot Rod theres a '67 Camaro RS/SS with a turbo 2JZ Supra motor.

Definately a swap you dont see every day.

yah…it was posted on here a while ago…

sounds retarted coming from that car, but its sick.

such a waste

That’s nice but the interior is hideous.

I would take the RB26 swapped 67 Mustang from Tokyo drift all day!
I’m srsly srs too.

that was a 67 shelby GT 500…that was a DISGRACE to what they fucking did to that car in the movie…it made me sick to my stomach.

100+ k value car, gone to shit.

Actually, you’re wrong…

They used a total of 6 normal 1967 Ford Mustang Fastbacks, 5 were V8 powered which were the stunt vehicles that were beat on and crashed etc. and the 6th was an actual RB26 swapped Fastback that was Rhys Millen’s, which got all the credit. It made 340whp, and ran 13.5 @ 110mph.

Some of the stunt cars didn’t even have seats! :rofl

Anddddd pwned.

Quarter mile times dont mean shit when drifting :rofl

and I love it when everyone loves a domestic motor in anything else

but as soon as you put an import motor into a domestic everyone freaks out

I know, but I read an article on all the cars used in the Fast and Furious movies and that was just a stat given about that particular car. Just like that black '69 Charger in the first movie, the one used in the scene had a fake blower hanging out of the hood, and that orange Supra used was actually pretty legit with a big single, 76gts.

Probably the only american car I’d ever buy.

Even the interior is nice.

The worst of both worlds?

American muscle is the best thing about American muscle, and handling and lightweight are the best things about Japanese cars… right?

V8 + FC > 2jz + Camaro

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, it’s still a cool swap props for taking a different path.

this goes along the same lines of putting a crotch rocket motor in a Harley, lololol

Yea, 2JZ is worst sounding engine eva.

you do know that 80%+ of the “shelby’s” you see are kit cars right? :wierd

great! now your gonna tell me santa is fake too right! damn it

correct…I have seen a select few that were 100% real and 2 of them were at a world wide mustang show in saratoga at the museum a few years ago.

Sick engine and sick car. But the two together is just… well like this guy:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2026/2571550746_ff23a1168f.jpg?v=0

The interior sucks and the car isn’t low enough. You guys are like "ewwwwww a jap motor in a camaro… gay… " Who gives a fuck? It’s not like the thing was a limited production numbers matching car that got swapped… You can scoop up a clean 1st gen roller for like 5-7 grand! I think the car is cool, the swap was done nicely, paint looks good…