anybody have any experience with the Goodwill auctions?

how cheap do the cars go for at them? are they all piles?

im gonna have some $$$ saved up here pretty soon and im thinkin of making a trip home to pick up a cheap, but reliable beater…

:dunno:

I wouldn’t go there if you are looking for a something to drive, they are mainly heaps of shit that are donated, all auctions start at 50 bucks and go from there. If you are looking for a car I have a hookup at the auto pound, let me know what kind of car you are looking for and I can maybe get you something you want from there.

Originally posted by Cheeks153
I wouldn’t go there if you are looking for a something to drive, they are mainly heaps of shit that are donated, all auctions start at 50 bucks and go from there. If you are looking for a car I have a hookup at the auto pound, let me know what kind of car you are looking for and I can maybe get you something you want from there.

so should i not bid on that yugo?? :smiley:

That in all actuality is what you have to look forward to if you would go there. Think of it this way, what car do you have that you would just give away? I mean for free, minus a little tax reduction. I for one would GIVE away nothing worth anything. Every once in awhile you’ll get something nice but thats about as possible as cutty getting laid by beth (aka mitsugirl) :smiley:

Originally posted by Cheeks153

right now i’m not looking at anything specific. just cheap and reliable.

Moped!!

can we have a numerical range on what is “cheap”?

Originally posted by taco
can we have a numerical range on what is “cheap”?

under 2K, but really as low as possible. just something i can pick up ASAP for cheap to get me through the summer, then re-evaluate. maybe keep it, maybe upgrade.

they have electic west coast chopper replica’s at pep boys :smiley:

for under 2 grand i would buy something like a 92 saturnSC2 with a 5 speed with 130K on it. that will def get you through the summer just make sure that it isnt leakin oil from between the engine and tranny(rear main seal) cause mine did and i drove it for another 10K then sold it.

or something like that neon, cavy, etc etc

a buddy of mine has a 93 topaz with 90,000-100,000 on it. its in good shape, i think he wants a grand for it.