Anybody Trashing there KA24DE!?

Hey fellow posters.

I recently heard that some people, after transplanting SR’s or anything other then the stock KA’s, just wanna get rid of there old DOHC KA’s. Just because of limited space or they just dont wanna look at it anymore.

Anyways the whole point in me posting is to ask anybody, who has recently swapped out there old KA24DE’s in favour of other engines to not just throw your old engine away, i’ll come take it off your hands if it is in moderate to good shape, perferablely under 200 000km.

I have a 89 hatchy and i love it, but i dont like the lack of power in the, not-so-stout SOHC. I dont have a lot of money at all, so i cant afford a Sr, RB, CA or anything else turbocharged right now, but i think I’d apreciate the little extra power and touque to be had by switching to the KA24DE.

If your not willing to part with a full motor set for free, then by all means i can offer a little bit of cash but remember i am not very rich right now.

so i thank anybody that took the time in reading my post.

And I thank anyone ahead of time willing to just give me a KA24DE.
Thanks

I’ve got a cleaned de sitting in my garage.

Its pretty much taken apart, everything other than the block and head are sitting removed. Other than that, cleaned out the engine, all it needs is a valve cover gasket and the two intake gaskets and it should be ready to go. Dont have the tranny though…was auto so i scrapped it.

Shoot me an offer and i’ll see what i can do…

how long you willing to wait for a KA24de? i got an auto with 220000km on it. runs smooth and pulls hard. no problems what so ever…

im doing a SR build soon (done by may if all goes well) and you can have the thing for free… get it outa my space after i pull it…
BTW, im located in barrie aswell so its local.

and i wouldn’t mind helping you do the swap at all… you help me pull it ill help you install it… just have a truck handy to throw your SOHC in…

Ya Cryptic that sounds great, e mail me at letterstoyou11@hotmail.com, we’ll arange a meeting some time.

hey cryptic, i pm’d u and this is my second post in response to yours, plz gimme a shout back