anyone do sandblasting?

i want to get my wheels powdercoated, but before that can happen they need to be sandblasted down to the metal. they have a wierd chrome plating on them that needs to come off because its been flaking off and doesnt react so well to heat. anyone know someone who can sandblast 4 wheels for relitively cheep?

try aircraft remover…i know my friend is supposed to ordering our sandblasting cabinet soon so ill will keep u posted…but try aircraft remover

word, coat it nice and thick and let that ish sit for about 10 minutes, scrape what you can off with a razor, then (if you got it) use a brillo pad type polisher on an air tool to get the rest of it off

my dad is a machinist, would do it cheaper than anywhere else you go, esp. since i’ll tell him it’s for a friend and fellow Z owner…

my cell is 949-1461, call or text me when you get a chance…he literally just left the driveway on the bike, but i’ll talk to him tonight about it for ya

if its really chrome plated, good luck with a sandblaster, that will take a REAL long time, and the aluminum will be ruined in the process. Chrome is some tuff stuff.

ill give that aircraft remover a shot. any specific store i should look to find it?
andy ill give you a call if it doesnt work. thanks guys

if it doesnt work…get ahold of me…my ex gfs dad has a machine shop where i can use the sand blaster

PM suzukiriderman, he did my lotus wheels.