Anyone else Catch X-Games Ski Superpipe??

…and notice before Laurent Favre dropped, he yelled, “G-UNIT MOTHERFUCKA!!!” and got away without it being edited!!!

Lol. Funniest thing I saw all night.

And hugest balls for Simon Dumont, who could barely walk, using his poles as crutches, and then boosting 22 feet out of the pipe with massive 540 truckdrivers.

i liked the streakers that shit was funny

i coulda sworn it was blanked out…

i heard the G-unit then it had a beep

or maybe i was hearing things

damnit…how did i miss this

On mine, the sound cutout was wayyy delayed, and definitely after fucka was said.

Edit - And I’l also quite sure that Tanner Hall said to Simon Dumont, when the crowd was going nuts, and he was giving Dumont a hug, “You’re a fucking trooper”.

I had to work tonight and forgot to set the vcr, I hope they have a repeat sometime

Ya I caught it, great event. And the story about when Tanner busted his ankles was chilling to watch.

:lol: nice
wish i caught the x-games…i miss working at tullys and always having it on one of the tv’s while i worked…

Dumont’s got balls no doubt. I think Tanner Hall is a bit of a tool but if ur that good I guess you deserve to be?

lol that was so stupid it made me laugh

i agree tanner is a bit of a tool…but holy crap did i feel his pain when they showed his beef. OMG i kept writhing as they showed it.

dumont i thought deserved a better score…his air were better put together, and he absolutely launched his first exit.

i am pissed i missed the big air…didnt know till i saw the recap last night. oh well, couple more weeks the real competition starts. Olympic freestyle baby.

pics of his feet?

Yeah, I caught most of the skiier event, and they completely missed the boat on the edit.

I was up in Lake Placid the last 2 weeks to judge the freestyle world cup and nor-ams, the olympic freestyle events (psss look for some new aerial combinations) are gunna be CRAZY this year.
GO TRAVIS AND JILL!!!

i watched those on NBC. the lines looked terrible. i am not sure how i feel about the new airs either. i am OLDer and from a time when inverted was a no no. i guess this is just where the sport has to go, but it is just really hard for me to be technical when it comes to air scores. the days of a good JLP are gone.

go travis and jill…i guess. i liked jill when i had a chance to ski with her, but didnt like travis that much. but :tup: to locals going to the big show

Dumont also has a bit of a reputation as well. They are both fierce competitors, and more or less the best in the sport. And to back Tanner Hall up as being an amazing athlete. The kid entered a bumps competition a bit back, and just took the win, over some Olympic caliber bumpers nonetheless.

As for missing the big-air. You didn’t miss much. It was basically everyone throwing switch 1080s, mostly true nose grabs. A true tail every now and again. Spin to win is in these days I guess. Really dissappointed that slopestyle was a no go, because that really displays the real talent. Big air is just a huckfest, junk-show.

As for moguls these days, and inverts being allowed…

ANYTHING is better than a triple twister daffy. The sport of mogul skiing was so stagnant and stale, and for the first time in 20 years, it has some life and excitement again. I just hope Pipe skiing can get in, at least as a demonstration sport, for the 2010 Olympics. But we shall see if the politics let it happen. But if snowboarding pipe is in, there is no excuse for skiing pipe to not be in.

haha yeah i was there… i was chillin with tanner hall.shaun white and anntie auttie in the athleats tent…it was fuckin chill…i got pics to prove 2.

to bad you got dq’d bro…

come with the pics!

Skiers do not belong in the halfpipe.

…I know, because they just show the snowboarders up by going way bigger!!!

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

:smiley:

negative. sleds dont belong in the halfpipe, although that would be funny to watch