anyone ever use/have a carputer

just seeing if anyone has one of these or seen one … I have a chance to get a used one for my wrx pretty cheap and I just think the idea of it is pretty sweet

youtube video of it in action

yea like you need more shit to do while driving.

why is there a headunit too

Welcome to 1999.

And Jam, the “carputer” is an input to the head unit, just like a CD changer or iPod.

carputers are so 1999. if you want to be a dork in your car then just install an ipad and be done with it.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

wow, sniped by walter.

Yeah they’re kinda pointless now-a-days seeing as I can do anything that my desktop computer could do on my mobile phone.

… And thank God because I hate looking at Zs like this:

LOLLLLL at that monitor.

lol @ the giant tachometer that’s way out of view and on an automatic.

CRT too… it’s the WORST. Leather stitching work looks good though, lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH it’s a CRT?!?!?!?!?!

what year is that from?

Yeah the back of that screen is at least as deep as it is wide and goes far into the dash. The heat back there must be enough they he could have deleted his heater core… if he didn’t already have to remove it to fit the damn screen, lol.

I saved those pics years ago. Probably about '02 or '03.

wow I didn’t realize that was a CRT.

lol, stunning!

so you all think its a sweet idea … k awesome lmao

getting the drift … true about phones i just like the look … minus the headunit kinda

Touch Screen + BlueTooth + Navi is the most I’d try to do if anything. No need to work on spreadsheets in da whip.

LOL OMG THAT CARPUTER IS OUTSTANDING! if its crt it cant be touch screen, where is the mouse?!?!

Maybe there is a button mouse on the steering wheel somewhere

Good question Jam, I have no idea, lol.

jesus christ a CRT in a 300zx

lo-motherfucking-l

There are aftermarket touch panels for monitors, they connect to software via USB or serial. I don’t think that’s a CRT given how flat and matte finish it is. It’s tough to tell though…it sure is clunky as fuck in there. LOL
Nobody noted the spice girls on the monitor in windows media player? I mean…who would rock a carputer without loading some spice girls? HAHA