Anyone get deals on tires?

Like the title says. Does anyone get deals on tires? Looking for 4 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO in 265/75 R16 size. Lemme know. Thanks.

I can get them for $177/ea.

thats pretty cheap, what can you get 285/70/17 in BFG ATs

3rd with the BFG’s

235-75-16’s

Same tire Quik?

$251 ea.

Shaggy, only thing we can get in that size is a Long Trail T/A Tour, more of an all season pattern, just put a set on an F150. $108 ea.

i hated my bfg at ko’s 285/70/17 they didnt last for shit.they are definately not the same bfg as they were before they they added the KO design. i replaced them with nitto terra grapplers so far so good.

try this guy. he has been getting me good prices. 724-834-3747 tell him don with the red chevy 2500hd sent you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-265-75-16-BFG-AT-T-A-KO-Tires-75R16-R16-75R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c51730601QQitemZ190345053697QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

might be the best deal you can find. I ordered my tires off them and they came fast and in great condition

4 for 695 shipped

X2 on hatred of the KO’s my Avalanche has them… junk

I need (4) 265/70 R17’s. I don’t care what brand; they just need to last a decent amount of time.

I’ll throw this out there that I am looking for 4 175/70/14 all seasons for my winter beater, id imagine 185’s would fit too. lol.

I can get Terra Grapplers in that size $137/ea. 500 tread rating, $193/ea for the bigger ones (E load rating)

General Grabber 640 treadwear $150.00/ea.

with the 285/70/17 what did you measure the tire size out to be? calculate shows 32.7 just curious since need tires for blazer. Hows the offroad handling of the grapplers

Awesome. Thanks for the reply so quick.
Rarely see off-road and doesn’t haul heavy loads. What would you recommend as a good balance between aggressive AT and good life?

Do you do mount/balance/stems? If so, how much, and if not, any recommendations?

I should roll on this before Christmas once my bonus comes in (any day now). Unless my bonus this year ends up being a subscription to the jelly of the month club, lol.

PM sent.

nitto says 32.76 and mine are 10ply. 3750lbs@80psi. im running 70 in them now and i lovin them so far. drive nice on the road not noisy and work well off road. in the mud they pack up like all non mud tires but they clean out fast with more wheel speed. these were my second choice of tires. i wanted the hankook rf10 at. but they were on backorder till xmas time and i could not wait that long. similar tire had good reviews and a few $ cheaper.

Total newb question, but why do people run so much pressure? I see people running the 65-75-psi and it freaks me out. Is it due to load?
I can’t see the purpose of running more than the 35-40 normally recommended, especially for normal use with no loads. I would think high pressure = weird tire wear and less traction.
Enlighten me.

10ply tires or e-load range are rated for 80 psi to carry the correct weight of a 3/4ton truck

and yeah the terra grappler’s are a good tire have sold many sets and everyone seems to like them better then the bfg ko’s

bfg is coming out with a new version of the ko’s so we will see what they are like

This brings up a point that most people don’t understand. You might have the correct pressure for your needs, but to use those tires as my example…

If you are running tires rated at 3750 lbs @ 80 psi with 70 psi in them, you’re running 7/8s of max capacity or 3,281 lbs per tire. Unless your loaded GVW is 13,125 lbs (assuming your weight is 50/50 front rear), that is way overkill.

I know there are benefits (and drawbacks) to higher or lower psi in your tires and you might like that tradeoff, or you might be right at 70 psi, so sorry for using your tires in my example. It just got me thinking and I never hear anybody talking about tire pressures.

I also see people who run max psi just like the sidewall says, but they don’t get it is the max safe pressure the tire is rated for, not what you should actually be running.

here is the list
nexen roadian at’s 115.00
a/t sport king 120.00 500 treadwear
bfgoodrich touring long trail t/a 130.00 580 treadwear

165/ea

240/ea

I can get 235/70’s for 162/ea

general ameritrac’s for 129/ea

kumho solus for 52/ea