need tires

I need tires for my truck soon and since Im leveling it I want bigger tires.

The size Im looking for is 285/70/17.

I haven’t decided exactly which tires I want and Im open to suggestions.

Things I want:
-white letters
-fairly aggressive tread
-$200 or less installed (yes that’s reasonable as Ive found good tires for that price)
-warranty

I don’t want:
-plain blackwalls
-highway/car tires
-Bridgestone Duelers (have them now and theyre shot at only 30k)
-really don’t want a mud tire
-over $200 price tag
-complete garbage off brand tires

Does anybody get deals on tires?

I cant get tires until the new struts are in (Should be soon).

Sears

I checked there. One tire I found for $177 at one place was $248 at Sears.

Look in their Sunday sales flyers. Bfg’s are always on sale.

30k is actually pretty good mileage for a set of tires, btw.

I can get ya tires jelly , I recommend cooper at3 they have a road hazard warr etc

Not when they have a 50k warranty

That’s one I was looking at. Mavis has it for $177 and Sears wants $248.
Let me know what you can get them for installed.

well then did you have them rotated at the proper intervals? did you keep the pressures correct? is your alignment within spec?

this is quoted directly from cooper tire us

No manufacturer or dealer can guarantee you a certain number of miles from a given tire. Driving habits, driving conditions, tire and vehicle maintenance all play a part in the tread life of a tire and all differ with each purchaser.

if your tires only lasted 30k then you should have them prorated. but you have to have proof that you had them rotated, kept at proper tire pressures, and proper alignment.

I’ve gotten them rotated a few times and the alignment is good. Pressure is ok too.

Yea. Idk anyone who works at a tire store…

Cooper AT3 285/70R17. $177 per tire. $186 installed

30k out of his old tires is good esp on a truck like his .

30k from truck tires that did not get chopped up and what not. I wouldn’t call that bad, 50k seems a bit unrealistic.

Pit Bull Rockers.

/thread

those look dope.

[ame]http://youtu.be/h6_Zrggtccs[/ame]

Yeah, Mavis was the cheapest I found so far, just seeing what other tires/deals are out there.

Probably out of my price range and I really don’t want mud tires because they howl on the road.

I HIGHLY doubt you will find anything cheaper than Mavis. They are pretty much the ONLY place locally I can’t even compete with because they offer their tires at a price lower than I can even buy them for…

[ame]http://youtu.be/r2AHvAOKzkk[/ame]

A lot of the times we can beet Mavis , we order em thru same supplier

Its strange how car tires are so much cheaper to buy online but truck tires end up being the same or more as in a store.

Sorry to hijack PJB, but can you (slowmarro) still get BG Oil? I need to get another 5 gallons asap. Shoot me a pm when you get a chance.