Anyone have a large collection of flac files?

Yeah so I don’t really want to get into it so I don’t smash everything I own but does anyone have a decent sized music collection in flac that I could copy to an external hard drive or anything?

Thanks

?

I convert FLAC to 320 CBR mp3. I might have a few FLAC albums…anything in particular you are looking for?

<EDIT>

Demonoid Has over 20,000+ lossless albums

http://www.demonoid.com/files/?category=2&subcategory=0&quality=62&seeded=0&external=2&query=&uid=0&sort=

Yeah I already started downloading from there… I was trying not to kill my internet connection for the next 6 months.

I have yet to hear a difference between FLAC and 320 mp3’s

any particular reason you are collecting anything in flac. doesn’t really sound like you are requesting anything specific. Just that its in flac. I too convert to 320. don’t really hear a difference. I feel most of the quality loss is in the production phase. Some albums no matter what quality always have that certain sound to them, you can hear it especially in voices and cymbals. Drives me nuts. cause there are some albums that would sound spectacular if production work was done right.

There is a difference but unless you have million dollar sound equipment and the greatest ears in the world you won’t notice it.

Ok dumb question. What is the difference between FLAC and WAV then?

Arent CDs recorded as uncompressed WAV files or is FLAC the new format of audio tracks on CDs?

lossless>lossy format

Wav to Flac is like Raw to PNG, if that helps.

FLAC is the compressed version of WAV. It’s a slightly smaller file size with minimal quality loss. Both are lossless formats obviously.

WAV is garbage. You cant tag it properly, and the files are quite huge. FLAC is a mathematically lossless version of WAV that supports the standard ID3 tags like MP3’s, and the files are normally only 20-30 mb each.

I see no reason to download any music other than FLAC, or ALAC if you use iPods a lot.

wav is raw not lossless

edit: nevermind i guess it can be lossless

don’t delete all your music next time

Thank you for the lovely question mark. This punctuation mark has had a profound effect on my world view.

I have some industrial, electro, whatever stuff in flac. (Crystal Method / Chem Bros / MSTRKRFT type stuff buried away in my HD somewhere)