Anyone here do LS1 tuning?

Just checking to see if anyone here does tuning on LS1’s. I have a 98 that I’d like to get a good base tune on a new motor. I’ve changed some stuff around from the old setup and would like to get a partial tune before cutting it loose on the dyno.

shoot me a pm with what u all have done.

Just did a 99 with HP Tuners software. Pulled ~ 310WHP with just headers, Exh, & intake.

310 thats pretty low, i had 329 with just a lid and catback

umm

i had more then that and only had y pipe exhaust and intake

he uses a mustang dyno

lol I know guys who pulled around 340 to 350 at the wheels but then again like they say a good tuner will get u better numbers then an average tuner.

but then again you can have a cam and only put down 360. its all in the tune

These were Autox cars looking for low end Tq. mostly not top end #'s, And yes it was on a Mustang Dyno. What tuning software are you guy’s using?

dude a tune is a tune numbers should be what they are no matter if its a auto or drag setup. its all in the combo

also dyno isnt nothing more then a tool to help measure A/F

:slight_smile:

You can tune for the best TQ. at a specific RPM range, on my Dyno anyway. Again what Dyno were you using? If it is a Mustang the shop your using may not be doing a Parasitic, I know of one right now that isn’t. Your right a Dyno is a tool, which means it can be misused. ( Bad #’s in = Bad #’s out )

Tell ya what come on down tomorrow ( around noon ) bring your latest Dyno sheet from wherever. I’ll let you run on my Dyno if you pull the same #’s your 10 pulls or 45min. is FREE!!! Lets put this discussion to a rest. I guess what I’m trying to say is put up or shut up Bitch. See you tomorrow. :wink:

Hey did u ever think that some of us dont give a fuck.

sweet dude…a thread from almost a year ago. same question though. putting some crap on the car in a few days, want it tuned before i flog the piss out of it at the track just to be safe. anyone wanna hook a brotha up and tunerize my car? i just don’t want to screw anything up so it’s mostly just for safety. oh yeah, i’d like it to run good too and stuff.