Anyone here know how to use a f'in volt/ohm meter?

di-electric grease, use a pin and tighten up the pins in it

The plug has it’s own mechanism for ‘locking on’ to the coil pack I thought.

The problem is with the plug sliding a very miniscule amount off of the actual coil. How do I keep the plug from moving? The wiring isn’t the problem, so loose pins wouldn’t be it. Right?

:facepalm

Wow. Some of you people have a low tolerance level for someone who doesn’t know as much as you.

Sorry for asking. I’ll rig something up myself. Thanks for trying to help. Repped those who helped.

Is this the plug for the spark plug wire? If so, I wouldn’t just splice something together, get a new plug wire. Or if it’s the coil side of the connection replace the coil.
Or just use a massive amount of zip ties :lol

It’s the plug going to my coil pack.

Looks like this (not my coil pack or my car - just a pic I found on google):

See that plug? That ENTIRE plug (not the wires inside of it - which is why I didn’t understand the bit about using a pin to tighten the pins and got a “” in response) moves ever so slightly while on the coil pack itself, causing the misfire.

What I want to know is…how can I PREVENT it from moving ever so slightly while still being able to remove it if I have to (to change the plugs for example)? Can I just go to a junkyard, cut off that plug, and swap them? Maybe something inside the plug is bent so it’s not ‘locking’ onto the coil pack like it should?

Yes you could cut and solder/heat shrink a new plug on there. Try taking a pin like mentioned before and close the sockets (in the plug) a little bit.

they usually have a locking mechanism in the clip… is it broken? if not look at both sides of the connection to check for green corrosion on the contacts… if its there clean it off with whatever you can. the miniscule amount of movement with the locking mechanism it should not be breaking contact. also the pin thing should help if it is indeed that loose.

call nissan and see if they have a pigtail kit for it ,if they do watch how it goesas far as wiring and sides cause most are diff color wiring when new solder in dielectric grease it and plug it in and ya should be good to go…but if ya try to close the connector be carefull not to open up more cause it is easy

Okay. Will do.

I was thinking of getting a pig tail from a junk car from the rear left plug (the one that’s having issues)…that would most likely mean the same colors, etc.

I’ll try the pin thing though.

if ya have access to one ,and its the same cyl it will be ,but if not just do what i said and ya will be ok

There’s always guys on Maxima.org and NYCMaximas.org partin cars out. Might take a couple of days but I can usually get any part I may need.

I’ll try your guys’ suggestion about closing the pins though. I’m about to leave work so we’ll see how she drives for round 2. Drove to work fine today but yesterday she wanted to stall/buck every chance she got.

Any update on this? Just wondering how you made out…

Nah I never tested them cause it’s been cold/windy and I’m too lazy to get the car into the garage just to test the coils. Plus, the coil itself isn’t the problem. It was the harness plug/connector…I think I’ve finally secured it.